Year 3 [1]

Iris had found herself sitting near her two best friends, Isaac and Abdumaalik in music class. They were learning how to play a recorder and learning how to read music notes like a professional musician.

"Okay class repeat after me. Every gummy bear does fly." Miss Helianthus told the class

"Every gummy bear does fly" the class roared.

"Great job, now whenever you get stuck on a note you don't know. Remember to silently repeat these words to yourself. That's it for today's class kids. I will see you kids in a couple of days." She voiced, flashing her smile across the room.

Isaac stood up and threw his arms on Iris' shoulders and pulled her closer to him. Abdu watched and silently trotted over to them.

"Alright loverboy, it's only been a couple of days and you've already treated her like a princess." He uttered.

"That's because she is a princess. Well at least in my imagination she is." He said.

"Someone's jealous" they all laughed.

Iris looked up over Isaac then to Abdu. "What do you think Ms. Hellios mean when she says she will see us in a couple of days? It's not like today is Friday, or is it?" She asked.

"I dunno princess' thistle milk," Isaac shrugged.

"Hey, Iris, why do you keep calling Miss Helianthus as Miss Helios?" Abdu questioned.

"Just because I can't pronounce her name correctly," Iris said.

"Is it from your verysweetandcheerful- ah I mean thick accent?" He teased.

"Abdu, I told you many times that I don't have an accent" Iris pouted crossing her arms on her chest.

"Cheer up, Princess thistle milk. He's just teasing you." Isaac sang as he ruffled her thistle colored hair.

The bell rang and it was time for them to head out for recess.

"Tag, your it" she yelled while running away from the two boys.

Abdu and Iris were hiding behind a tree and behind a bush. Loud footsteps could be heard from the patches of dead leaves surrounding the school's playground. Hand signaling each other when Isaac comes near.

"Abdu, Iris where are you guys?" Isaac called out. He noticed a dark gray untied shoelace behind a true. Isaac silently tiptoed towards the tree, eyeing the back of Iris' head who was peaking around. Abdu noticed Isaac was behind Iris, so he tried to alert her but it was too late. She got tagged. They continued to play tag until recess was over.

"Guys! Can I ask you something? It's really important."

"What is it, princess?"

"Sure, go ahead Iris?"

Iris looks at them before staring at the ground.

"Would we still be best friends when we grow up?"

"Of course we will, Princess"

Iris smiled and hugged her friends.

"You guys are the best."