Year 3 [3]

Iris had seated inbetween of Isaac and Abdu during independent reading. Their homeroom teacher Mrs. Spears was calling kids individually from time to time. The soothing melody of Mozart's Canon in D was roaming around the air, sending a relaxing meditation vibe into their classroom.

"Hey Iris. Come look at what I'm reading. It's about space!" Isaac whispered.

Iris peeked over his shoulders to see what he was reading.

"Did you know that if you don't wear your suit in space, you will explode in very tiny pieces."

Iris only nodded, placing her Magic Tree House book down.

"Is that all?" She asked.

"No, but look it said that the world is going to end on Decemeber, twelfth two-thousand and twelve." He whispered.

Tears started to swell and burn Iris eye's as her lower lip began to tremble in fear. Abdu stopped and dropped his pencil and stared at Iris, then glanced back at Isaac.

"Dude. What did you do?" Abdu mouthed at Isaac.

Guilt smacked Isaac and he grabbed an empty sheet of paper that was sitting in front of him and started to write what he did. He then transformed the paper into a paper airplane, and landing it on the side of Abdu's head. Abdu opened it and shaked his head in disappointment. Abdu glared at Isaac to fix the mistake he made.

"Shhh," Isaac paused and secretly glanced around to see that no one was watching, "Iris don't cry."

Isaac rubbed her back, trying to cheer her up but it only seemed to make matter worse.

"I don't want to die." Iris sobbed.

Isaac looked at Iris with soft eyes. "Please don't cry."

Isaac continued rubbing her back and continued to whisper random words.

"I'm scared." She whispered as her voice falters as she started to choke on salty tears.

"Don't be scared Iris. Me and Isaac will be by your side, forever." Abdu's face softened as he lowered his tone.

"Who's going to stay by who's side, forever?" Tiana interrupted.

Iris quickly wiped her eyes, with her long navy blue sleeves.

"Oh hey Tiana. How was your day going?"

"It was going great. Thanks for asking." Tiana eyerolled.

Iris brushed her thistle hair to cover her swollen face and laid her head down.

"Whats wrong with her?" She asked.

"Eh heh. She's just tired. Very tired." He nervously replied eyeing the younger female.

"You sure? Should I take her to the nurse?"

"Tiana. I told you she's just very tired." He pleaded.

"Whatever," she said with a shrug. Tiana excluded herself from the group, with a sly smirk. Abdu cringed. 

"I don't like her."

Isaac nodded in agreement.

The bell rang and the students rushed out like stampedes The two boys stayed back and helped Iris.