Help Me Not Hurt

Tessa's POV

I quickly ran up the stairs with Alyssa in my arms. I almost tripped on a stair trying to get her to our bedroom. I could feel the sobs racking Alyssa's body as I ran with her in my arms. She was clinging to my shirt with clenched fists. When I got to my bedroom I opened the door and locked it behind me. There was a loud pounding on the door as soon as I closed it. I put Alyssa on our twin size bed and went to go to the door and face that women, but Alyssa stopped me by grabbing on to my shirt.

"Please don't, don't do it. Don't get hurt again." she pleaded, tears running down her cheeks. I kneeled down to her level so that I could see directly into her big brown eyes. The pounding got louder and it shook the frame of the door.

"If you don't get your pathetic asses out here right now I will break this door down!" She yelled through the door. She was slurring, a sure sign that she had been drinking.

"I have to. If I don't then she will come in here and hurt both of us and I don't want you to get hurt." I tried to explain calmly, but just the idea of me not being able to protect her made my voice crack at the end. There was another loud bang at the door and the door looked as if it was going to break at any moment. I pried Alyssa's hands off of me and went to the door. I looked back and saw that Alyssa was cowering in the corner. I looked into her eyes.

"I love you." I whispered loud enough for her to hear. Then I took a deep breath and mentally prepared myself for what was about to happen next. I opened the door and pushed her out of the way so she couldn't get to our bedroom and hurt Alyssa. She fell and I quickly closed the door. As soon as I did she staggered back to her feet and grabbed me by my hair. I gasped out in pain

"What the hell do you think your doing, pushing me around?! As if I don't do anything for you!" She yelled in my face. Her breath reeked of alcohol. Then she punched me under my left eye. I was crying now in pain

"As if I don't pay the bills so that we can live in this dump!" She yelled then she got on top of me.

"As if I don't pay for your food!" She yelled louder. Then she started to bang my head repeatedly into the ground. Everything became numb. My eyesight became dark. The last thing I saw before fading into unconsciousness was my mother's angry face.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

So what do you guys think? Should I continue?