My Savior

Tessa's POV

It's been a week since school started.

Everything was running smoothly.

Me and James met up everyday and Alec stopped sitting by me.

But he still stares.

I'm sitting in my history class. I already was taught this at my last school so I'm just staring idly out of the window when a note is passed to my desk. I pick it up to pass it on only to realise it has my name on it. I look around and see James signaling me to open it. I smile and gave him a small wave. I open the note and it said:

J- What you doing tonight? :D

T- Why? :)

I looked up and when the teacher was writing stuff on the board, I crumpled it into a ball and threw it to him. He snatched it from the floor and scribbled a response before tossing it back to me.

J-cause I wanna have you spend the night!!!!! XD

I smiled and quickly wrote my response.

T-can't, Alyssa is spending the night at her friends and i wanna be home just in case she calls :)

I re-crumple the paper and toss it back to him and I watch his response.

He reads it and looks up at me. He puts his hands in front of him as if he were praying and mouths 'Please!'

I shake my head no and mouth 'Sorry!'

He smiles and rolls his eyes.

                                           (End of day)

I unlock my bike and go home.

When I enter the house no one is home.

All week my mom has been trying to earn my forgiveness, but I've been giving her the cold shoulder.

I get a snack from the fridge and head up to my room.

I put on my headphones and lay on my bed.

Before long I can barely keep my eyes open and I fall into a deep sleep.

"TESSA!!!" My mother's voice shouts through the door. It startles me and I wake up.

Dammit, she's drunk.

"TESSA!!!!! OPEN THIS DOOR, NOW!!!!!!!" She yells and that's quickly followed by loud banging on the door.

I sat up in my bed and hugged my knees to my chest. The only thing that was going through my mind was "She promised, she promised that she wouldn't do it again. She promised."

Silent tears were running down my cheeks.

Suddenly there was a loud 'BOOM!' and my mom broke down the door.

"I TOLD YOU TO OPEN UP THE DOOR, YOU BRAT!" She screamed at me. I cowered back as she staggered to me.

She had a beer bottle in her hand.

She took it and broke it over my head.

"YOU FUCKING BITCH! YOU WILL LISTEN TO ME!"

Then she took the now broken beer bottle and stabbed my arm. I screamed out in pain.

"Momma please! Please don't!" I cried. Blood was trickling down my arm and tears were running down my face

She looked down into my eyes with furry.

"YOU DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!"

She slapped me and took a shard of glass and stabbed my in the back.

I screamed out again.

She didn't care.

Instinct took over and I pushed mom away from me. I ran out of the room, down the stairs and into the night.

Alec's POV

I was taking a shortcut to my house through the park.

I was just getting back from a party when she ran into me.

She was all bloody.

She looked into my eyes and uttered one word before she passed out.

"Help."

Then she collapsed and I caught her in my arms. I looked down at her broken form.

Who could've done this to her?

I picked her up bridal style and quickly headed back to my apartment.

As soon as I entered I set her on the bed and grabbed my first aid kit and hurried back to her. I took off her shirt to get a gist of what I'm dealing with. I looked in shock as I saw the glass sticking out of her back. I got the tweezers and removed the glass, cleaned the wound, and stitched it up. I did the same to the wound on her arm.

Then I noticed all of her other scars. They were everywhere on her body. I clenched my fists in anger.

Who did this to her?!

After all her wounds were cleaned and stitched up I put her in one of my T-shirts.

It looked like a dress on her.

I went to the couch and made myself comfortable and went to sleep.