Two

I kept looking behind us while we made our way through the crowd. "I think we lost him." I breathed. "I mean, that guy is crazy right. Today has been crazy. No...we're dreaming." I pinched my arm and winced. "Ok, we're not dreaming."

Jacob opened the door to his apartment. "The guy was some sort of magician." He placed his suitcase on his bed.

"Then what about that platypus type thing that kept stuffing gold into its pouch?"

Jacob grabbed my shoulders, "Alina, calm yourself. We're away from the English man and his magic tricks. I can assure you, we won't see him again."

I sighed, "I hope you're right."

Jacob gave me a small smile before going over to his wall. I could see his smile fading away as he stares at the picture of his grandma. "I'm sorry, Grandma." He said.

I walked over and looked at the picture with him, "She'd still be proud of you either way. I could head back home and give you some money for the collateral."

He sighed, "It still wouldn't be enough."

"You'll get your bakery, Jacob. I just know it."

We heard something clicked. I furrowed my eyebrows before going to the door. My hand went on the knob before I twist it open. I looked down the halls to find no one there. I heard another click and turned to see Jacob in front of the case. What the hell?

I went over and saw it moving. I jumped back when it started moving again. It stopped making Jacob think it's ok to get near it. I grabbed the little book on his desk. Jacob's face was near the case when something decide to jump out of it. It attacked Jacob while a few other creatures escaped as well. One went right towards me, but I used the book to swing at it. It crashed through the window and I ran over to Jacob. He was on the ground with the thing still on him. The walls started to crack before pieces began breaking.

I grabbed the thing and tried to pull it off him. It's teeth was latched onto his face, but I kept on pulling. Some rubble and dust hit the top of my head from the ceiling. I grunted as I struggled to get the porcupine-like creature off him. With one final tug, I finally got that thing away from him. My hand slipped and the thing went across the room. It growled at me before hiding under the desk.

I ignored it and grabbed Jacob's face. "Jacob." I said. He didn't answer. I gently slapped his face. "Jacob." I started to shake his shoulder. "Jacob, this is no time for a nap." I finally noticed the bite mark on his neck from where the creature bit him.

The door opened and I grabbed the book and raised it, ready to smack the attacker. The guy raised his hands, "Wait, wait, wait."

I furrowed my eyebrows as I noticed it was the man from the bank, "What are you doing here?" He looked behind me and went towards the open wall. I lowered my book when he went towards Jacob and examined the wound on his neck. "I don't know what happened. We were just talking and next thing, we knew, these things came out of your suitcase."

I heard the door to the entrance open. "Mr. Scamander." A female voice said.

The guy got up and went to the wall. He took out his wand while I crouched over my friend. "What are you doing?" I asked.

He ignored me and waved his magic stick. My eyes widen when the bricks and rubble began fixing itself. I got up and looked down to see some floating in the air as they fixed themselves. It was still fixing itself when the guy got his case and sat on the bed. He placed his fingers on his lips while I crouched next to Jacob again.

I checked his pulse. It's still there. I checked his forehead and he's starting to get warm. Then this woman barged in the apartment. Does no one knock anymore? "It was open?" She asked.

"Just a smidge." The guy said.

"That crazy Niffler things on the loose again?"

"It might be." He gave her a nervous smile.

I gave them confused looks, "What's a Niffler?" I shook my head. "Nevermind. Doesn't matter. What does matter is waking up my friend, who's hurt at the moment."

I heard the lady gasped before she ran next to me. She kindly moved me to the side to check on him. I got up and bit my nail as she checked his pulse. We heard a little screech before that porcupine thing tried to attack her. She yelled before moving back. The man grabbed the creature before shoving it back into his case.

"Mercy Lewis, what is that?" She panted.

"Nothing to worry about." The guy said before closing the case. "That is a Murtlap."

I gave him a disbelieving look, "What else do you have in there? A whole freaking zoo?" I heard someone groan next to me. I turned to see Jacob waking up. Thank, god.

Jacob noticed the English man in the room, "You!"

The gave gave him a shy smile, "Hello." Ok, it would have been cute if it was under different circumstances.

Jacob tried to get up, but I pushed him back down. "Easy there, buddy."

The girl nodded, "Listen to your friend, Mr..."

"Kowalski... Jacob." Jacob said tiredly.

The girl looked at me, "And you are?"

"Alina Nikolai."

The guy pointed his wand at Jacob and me. The girl blocked us from his view. "You can't obliviate them! We need them as a witness."

The guy gave her a look before putting his wand down, "I'm sorry, you've just yelled at me the length of New York for not doing it in the first place."

I looked at them in confusion, "Excuse me, what do you mean by obliviate? Should I be worried about a word that almost sounds like obliterate?"

"No." They said simultaneously.

"Good. Now, can we worry about my friend? He's hurt and..." I checked his forehead. "burning up!"

"He'll be fine. Murtlap bites aren't serious." The man said. Jacob started to cough, so I raised my eyebrow at him. He looked more nervous than before. "I admit that is a slightly more severe reaction than I've seen, but if it was really serious, he'd have..."

The girl rose up, "What?"

He sighed before stating casually, "Well, the first symptom would be flames out of his anus..."

I glared at him as I got up, "Are you kidding me?!"

"It'll last forty-eight hours at most!" He looked at the girl. "I can keep them if you want me to."

"Oh, keep them?" The girl gave him a ridiculous look. Jacob started to grab the wall and I went over to help him up. "We don't keep them! Mr. Scamander, do you know anything about the wizarding community in America?"

"I do know a few things, actually. I know you have rather backwards laws about relations with non-magic people. That you're not meant to befriend them, that you can't marry them, which seems mildly absurd to me."

"Who's going to marry him?"

I struggled to keep him up, but I glared at her. "Excuse me, Jacob could be quite the catch if you gave him a chance." I defended my friend. "And unless any of you have a cure, you're not keeping us. We're not some prized possession."

The girl shook her head before helping me, "You three are coming with me."

"I don't see why I need to come with you." The guy said.

"Help us!" The girl pleaded.

Jacob was dazed, "I'm dreaming, right?"

I looked at the man and gave him a sad look, "Please."

"Yeah, I'm tired." Jacob said. He looked at me. "We never went to the bank. This is all just some big nightmare, right?"

The girl let's go of him so the guy could help. She sighed, "For the both of us, Mr. Kowalski."

My eyes widen when I saw her take her wand out. I felt my body being sucked into this hole before we disappeared.

》》》》

A/N: Yeah, I decided not to wait till 15 reads or 5 comments. I just got excited to post the next chapter.