Thirteen

My eyes widen when I see the Obscurial flying around New York and destroying the buildings. The walls kept crashing down as the bricks started falling. The Obscurial swooped down and manages to flip a few cars.

"Is that it? That - that's the Obscurial thing?" Jacob asked.

"That's more powerful than any Obscurial I have ever heard of," Newt said. He gave Tina his briefcase before he reached inside his coat and handed her a small book. "If I don't come back, look after my creatures. Everything that you need to know is in there."

My mouth flew open. "What?" I asked. He's not really going after it, is he?

"They're not killing it."

Newt glanced back at me. I shook my head at him. He pulled out his wand, jumped off, and teleported before I had the chance to grab him. "Newt!"

Tina handed Queenie the case. "You heard him, look after them!"

She was about to jump off, but I grabbed her. "I'm coming with you."

She shook her head. "Alina, it's too dangerous. Newt will kill me if -"

"I don't care. We have to help him somehow. And you know I'll just head down there anyway, so don't bother arguing." She bit her lip. "I'll be by your side, you can watch over me and I watch over you. You cover the magic and I cover the people getting in our way."

She sighed before she nodded. "Ok, hang on."

I wrapped my arm around hers. She jumped off and I felt my body vanishing into thin air. My stomach felt like it was about to explode as we poofed down the streets. I don't think I'll ever get use to it. We started running and dodging the rubble. I spotted Newt behind one of the cars and pulled Tina's arm to the next one.

"Newt!" I called out.

Newt turned around and gave me a wide-eyed look. "You're not suppose to be here!" He yelled.

He looked at Tina. "She would have come anyway!" She yelled in response.

Newt sighed as we ducked further into our cars. "It's the Second Salem boy. He's the Obscurial."

My eyes widen. Credence is the Obscurial. But - but how? I thought children were only capable. I even asked that. "How? I thought they were suppose to be children."

"His power must be so strong, he's somehow managed to survive."

And they want to kill him? No, no, they're not going to kill my best friend. Credence doesn't know how to control his magic. He's been hurt for most of his life. He's scared. He's hurt. He needs me.

"Guys!" Tina's voice broke me out of my thoughts. We looked at her. "Save him."

She gave my shoulder a quick pat before we separated. She went towards that Graves guy, who was near Credence while I went towards Newt.

"How do we save him?" I asked.

"With a little help," Newt responded before he grabbed my hand. "Come on."

We ran from the car while he pulled his wand out. We vanished from thin air and kept bouncing from building to building. Every time we stopped at a rooftop, Credence would destroy a building next to us before going to the next.

Newt popped us a bit further away and held his hands up. "Credence!" Credence was charging at us. "Credence, I can help."

Newt pulled me down as Credence almost pushed us off the building. We appeared on another building and ran after him.

"This isn't working!" I yelled.

"He won't listen to me -" Newt grabbed my hand and we vanished again. We made it on another building as I see some blue lights trying to hit Credence. "- but he might listen to you. You need to talk to him."