Three Strikes, You're Out

Let's go back to the very start, shall we?

Your name is (Name) (Last name), and you were recently accepted into Hope's Peak Academy as the Ultimate Toymaker.

However, not too long after you got there, you blacked out, and woke up to a classroom, where several other students were waiting around, completely confused. You sat in silence, until the last student arrived, and a white rabbit dressed in a pink tutu with pink wings and a pink wand, revealed herself to be your teacher, and before you knew it, you were on a tropical paradise as part of the "heart throbbing school trip."

Everyone had gone their separate ways after that, with you being no exception. You wandered towards the hotel restaurant where you sat at the farthest table, took out some spare materials you had, and began to work on a stuffed cat. You didn't notice the sound of someone calling out to you, even when it got to the point where you'd have to be deaf in order to not hear it. However, when you felt someone tap your shoulder, you tensed up.

Physical contact always irked you.

You turned your head, and saw two boys standing behind you.

"Can I help you?" You asked.

"Sorry to interrupt, but would you mind introducing yourself?" Asked the boy with white. You sighed.

"My name is (Name) (Last name), Ultimate Toymaker. I'm not good with people, so don't be surprised if I forget your name or anything." You said.

"Well, even if you do, it's nice to meet you anyways. I'm Nagito Komaeda, and this is Hajime Hinata." Nagito said as he pointed at himself and the guy next to him. You examined each of them, and in doing so, you made eye contact with Nagito.

That was your first mistake.

At first glance, you had the stare of someone who just didn't care about interacting with others. But, Nagito saw something else. You were just lonely, and because of that, you weren't showing your true emotions. That just wouldn't do. If you weren't showing your true emotions, your true hope wouldn't shine through.

"You can go now." You said before going back to your work, once again completely ignoring them. After that, you were alone again.

Until the rabbit, Usami, wanted you to go swimming.

"No." Was your blunt response.

"But (Name), you shouldn't spend the whole trip cooped up inside. It's unhealthy! You should at least go outside and say hi!" Usami said.

"Fine." You said before getting up and going outside. You sat under a tree, being covered by the shade.

"Hello, (Name)!" You looked up to see that guy... Nagito? Yes, that was his name, looking down at you with a bright smile. You gave him a blank stare in return.

"Um... hi." You said

"Are you going swimming?" Nagito asked.

"No." You replied.

"Why not? I think you'd have a good time." Nagito said.

"Because I prefer to spend my time indoors, but the rabbit insisted that I go outside."  You said before turning your head away from him, just wanting to be alone. But, this time, he didn't go away. He kept bringing up different conversation starters, but you just continued to ignore him.

That was your second mistake.

Why were you ignoring him? Of course, in his mind, he had no right to talk someone to like you, but the way you looked away from him, with the occasional glance to see if he had gone away, left an odd feeling in the back of his head.

Before he could think of something else to try and start a conversation with you, the sky turned grey, and thunder and lightning took over the sky.

Shortly after that, the TV like monitors that were all over the island turned on, and you were all instructed to go to the park. If it meant that Nagito would stop trying to talk to you, you didn't care. You got up, wiped sand off of your clothes, and walked away from him without giving him a second glance.

When you all reached the park, a black and white bear popped out of nowhere, introducing himself as Monokuma, the headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy. At first, you were just confused, until he turned into Usami into "Monomi" and gave you a simple request.

"Kill each other!"

Before you could wonder if this was a sick joke, Monokuma summoned his Monobeasts, and had them shoot down Monomi. You stood there in complete shock, letting everything sink in. You felt someone put their hand on your shoulder, nearly making you jump, but you kept your cool. You looked behind to see Nagito, giving you a stare that looked like he was trying to be assuring, but deep down, it kind of creeped you out.

"It's okay. I'll make sure you won't fall into despair." He said. Still giving him a blank stare, you slapped his hand off of your shoulder.

"Thanks but no thanks." You said as you walked away, rubbing your hand due to the contact.

That was your third mistake.