Chapter 5

Xavier was gathering his things, ready to leave for the forest. "Xavier?" Xavier flinched in surprised by his mothers appearance.

"Oh, mother, I was just leaving." His mother sighed. "I do hope you'll be careful out there." He smiled at his mother's concern. "Always." He gave his mother a hug. "Though I may be a while, I will always return." A tear rolled down his mothers cheek. "I hope so."

"Goodbye mother. See you tonight." Xavier walked out the door toward the forest. He had barely reached the end of the forest before he spotted a squirrel jumping away. He figured since she seemed to know when he was there he would just wait until Comet showed up. He had just leaned against the side of a tall tree when he suddenly saw a flash of white.

"Comet?" She stepped out from a brush, almost shyly.

"Hello. I have a surprise for you."

Xavier flashed a grin. "Do you now?"

Comet smiled. "Yeah, it's at my tree."

Xavier laughed suddenly. "You live in a tree? Well you're just full of surprises." Comet looked down at her shoes. "D-don't you live in tree?" She asked, kind of embarrassed.

Xavier chuckled. "We live in houses. Maybe one day I'll show you." He said smiling.

Comet walked into the forest. "It's this way." She called back to him, and Xavier started following Comet. When they arrived at the tree Xavier stared up into its branches. He tilted his head to one side like a confused dog.

"How are we supposed to get up there?" Xavier asked. Comet wrapped her arms around his chest from behind him, then quickly stuttered. "I-It's f-for you o-own safety." Then with that she shot up into the skies, landing eloquently on the wood. Xavier noticed the baskets on the flat trunk.

"Those wouldn't happen to be for me would they?" Xavier asked teasingly.

"Oh come on, who else would they be for? I have my own room for my supplies." Comet said, not quite getting sarcasm. Xavier chuckled at her adorable ignorance. "Besides...now you don't have to keep returning...for food." She mumbled sadly. She had enjoyed Xavier's company, and would miss him. Xavier's playful smile turned into a sad frown.

"Is that what you want...for me to stop returning?" He questioned quietly. She, of course, wanted him to continue coming. But she couldn't bring herself to say that.

"Whatever you think best." Comet answered confidently. He came over to her and leaned his elbow against her shoulder playfully.

"I think spending my time with you would be best." Xavier answered cheerfully.

Comet smiled slightly, but then turned up her nose and said, "If that's what you think is best."

Xavier chuckled. "C'mon, you like me...at least a little bit." He joked.

Comet shrugged, turning away from him to hide her smile.

"Really!?" Xavier laughed. "Not even a little bit?" He started playing with her platinum hair.

Finally Comet gave up. "Fine!" She said, giggling. "I tolerate your company...maybe even enjoy it."

Xavier applauded her. "Amazing, the girl can tease!" He exclaimed.

Comet smiled. "Want to go for a walk?" She questioned.

Xavier nodded. "Yes, let's."

Hey guys, NuttyOwl here, so sorry for what must have been a year since the last update, here's the thing, if you like this story, send some love, share it, comment all that stuff, if not, I'm just going to stop. C'ya all later.