Chapter 4

"I can't believe he's gone" Luke spoke quietly, "there's noting you could have done" Leia was trying to comfort him, slowly I was coming out of my daze. Han came into where we were sitting "come on buddy we're not out of this yet, you too sweetheart" I snapped back into reality, I jumped up with Leia and Luke. Han and Luke went to man the guns while Leia and I went to the cockpit.

Lei sat next to Chewbacca and I was behind them, I felt the ship start to shake. "Here they come" Leia called out to Hand and Luke. Four fighters had flown up in front of us. I braced myself for the attack, I knew that there was nothing I could do to help, so all I could do was sit and watch.

The imperial fighters began shooting, the ship shook and the light flickered. Han and Luke we doing their best to shoot the fighters. "They're coming in too fast" Luke yelled, I agreed the small ships were fast and hard to hit. "We've lost the lateral controls" Leia informed the boys. "Don't worry, she'll hold together" Han responded.

I ran back through the ship to find the damaged area. "R2 can you put out the fire?" I asked the small droid, he beeped in response and doused the flames with fire extinguisher. I heard a gleeful laugh come from Han I guess we hit one" I said to the droids, smiling. I ran back to the cockpit "how we doing?" asked Leia "R2 managed to put out the fire, did we hit one?" I sat back down in my seat "yes, a direct hit from Han" Leia looked at me grinning "I think we might actually be able to get out of this."

Two of the imperial fighters blew up right in front of us "got 'em" shouted Luke. "I think you might be right" I grinned at Leia "we might actually be able to pull through." I heard Han yelling at Luke "great kid, don't get cocky" I laughed despite myself "oh wow" Leia looked at me "nothing, just a thought, there's one more right?" Leia shook her head "there's still two more of them out there" she yelled at the boys. Luke and Han managed to take out the last two, the fighters exploded in the sky, contrasting brilliantly to the black of space.

"That's it we did it!" cried Luke, "we did it!" Leia and I yelled both throwing ourselves at Chewbacca, who hugged us back. Luke and Han climbed away from the guns. "Not a bad bit of rescue huh?" Han said as Chewbacca left the cockpit. "Not bad? We almost died at least ten times" I laughed "oh details" Han joked, grinning "ya know, sometimes I amaze even myself" I rolled my eyes and followed Chewbacca out of the cockpit.

I walked into the sitting room and was enveloped in a tight hug, I laughed and hugged Luke back. "Ya did good kid" I stepped back "kid? We're the same age" Luke said indignantly, but he couldn't hide his grin "you did good too" he clapped me on the shoulder "nah, I didn't do anything, it was all you and Han" Luke nodded "that's true" I punched Luke lightly in the shoulder, grinning. Luke feigned hurt, but grinned "I should go in" he nodded towards the cockpit "oh, yeah sure."  A few moment later Leia came out.

"What's up?" I asked when I saw the look on her face "Han" she said simply. "Ah, he is rather, well he's an asshole" Leia laughed "you can say that again, he's just so ugh! You get me?" I nodded "honey I know, but he's a good man, deep down" Leia fell into a seat "really deep down apparently" I just shook my head. "I'm going to find the droids" I wandered through the ship, I just wanted to be alone. I sat down in a quiet part of the ship and closed my eyes.

When I opened my eyes I wasn't where I had sat down earlier. I was lying in a bunk, my weapons had been taken off me as had my boots. I sat up, sort of the bunk was small and cramped. I swung my legs out and slid off the bunk. I saw my boots, weapons and cloak on the floor near the bed. I grabbed my cloak and swung it around my shoulders, the ship was cold. I looked back at the bunk it was messy with pictures of Chewbacca and the Falcon, and other random places, I guessed it must have been Han's bunk.

I wandered through the ship, I passed more bunks, they had Chewbacca, Leia and Luke in them. I passed the droids, they had shut down for a bit. I came to the cockpit and found Han, he looked around when I entered "what time is it?" I asked a little groggily "about 1200 hours" he answered. I nodded, sitting into the chair next to him. "Couldn't sleep?" I asked, Han just shook his head "did you put me in your bunk?" he looked at me "yeah, I couldn't let you sleep on the floor, now could I?" I just shrugged and and pulled my knees up to my chest, placing my feet on the seat of the chair.