ⅼ️ Waking up

I opened my eyes and looked around. Where was I? My name...what is my name? Who am I? I looked down at me. My clothes were dirty but still comfortable.

I tried to stand up, my legs were shaky. Probably I had laid on the ground a long time. Then I looked around.

Everywhere where trees and it was beginning to get dark. I stepped forward. Step. After. Step. Then I saw a cave and walked to it. It smelled horrible. But that was not the worst.

Three somethings where laying in the cave. That was the source of the awful smell and... they were breathing.

By now it was dark outside and these things began moving. Then I heard a voice "Bill, I am hungry" it said. Quickly I hid.

"Be quiet Tom, I'll start cooking soon" With that two of the tree giant things stood up. And I'm not joking if I say that they were ugly. They had flat faces and a lot of scars everywhere. They seemed pretty blind too because they couldn't see me.

"Bert!" One of them said and kicked the one who was still on the floor. The tree stood up and left the cage. I was pretty tired but if I slept here they could come back and kill me.

So I decided to follow them. "Mutton yesterday, Mutton today and blame me if it don't look like Mutton again tomorrow." One of them said. "Shut your mouth," the third one said, he had made a fire and was stirring in a boiler. "You can't expect folk to stop here just to be eaten by you and Bert."

"This is no Mutton, ponies!" The third one said, he was gone a few minutes and now he came back with two horses under his arms. Horses? These horses even had saddles! I didn't know my name or who I am but I'm pretty sure horses don't run around with saddles. Unless. Unless there was somebody with the horses.

The big thing, Bert sneezed into the boiler and I looked away disgusted. When I looked back they had somebody in their hands. "What are you?" Bert asked. "Bilbo Baggins, a bur- a hobbit," the small figure said.

Bill, Tom, and Bert looked at each other, then back at this Hobbit. "What's a burrahobbit?" Bill asked. "And can you cook them?" Tom asked.
"You can try," Bert said and picked up a spike.

"He wouldn't make a mouthful," William said. "Perhaps there are more burrahobbits around and we could make a Pie" Bert answered him.

"Are there more of you around?" The Hobbit was asked. "Yes lots" he answered but corrected himself quickly "No none at all, not one"

The Trolls started discussing whether too let him go or cook him, then they started calling each other names till one, I think it was Bert put his fist in William's eye. They quickly started fighting with each other and without really noticing it they let the Hobbit go, which fell on the floor.

I don't know why but the Hobbit didn't move, probably his fall was too hard. Just then a little man with a long white beard and white hair came running.

Then more men Appeared. All twelve men where fighting but they where soon all stuck in sacks, then one last one approached "Who has been knocking my people out?" He asked.

"It's trolls" the Hobbit answered from out of his sack. Just then the last men also got stuffed in a sack. I sneaked around the place near the men.

The Trolls were discussing how they should cook them. "I say we sit on them, then make a Pie" one said. "No, we shall roast them," another said."That will take the whole night, I don't want to become stone"

"Who are you?" One of the men asked. He had sawn me. Damn it. The trolls looked at me and before I could run they picked me up. "I think we found something new again," one of them said. "Just put it in the sack already," another one said. With that, I was stuffed in a sack too and thrown to the men. I groaned in pain when I landed and the Men stared at me.

The Hobbit looked in the woods and it seemed that he had seen something then he began to say "You're doing it wrong". The trolls locked at him in awe "Have you ever cooked a dwarf?" They asked him. Wait, Dwarves?. I looked at the men. "The secret is.....the secret.....the secret is- you have to skin them" Great."No" The Dwarves screamed and "You traitor!"

"Get something sharp," a troll said. They really wanted to skin us. One of them pickets up a fat Dwarf with red hair and a long red beard.

"I wouldn't eat that one" the Hobbit interrupted "He.. has worms" the troll immediately dropped the dwarf. "They all have worms" the Hobbit added.

The dwarves started denying it screaming things like "I don't have worms", "how could you?", "Traitor" or "You're the ones with worms".

One of the Dwarves kept silent, it was the one who was captured at the end. He kicked one of the other Dwarves. The Dwarf he kicked, a brown-haired man who seemed younger than the others, looked to the one who kicked him. They all shut up.

Then they started pricing their 'worms'. "I have worms" "My worms are as big as arms" was heard. The trolls started arguing again.

"Dawn take you all, and be stone to you!" A loud voice said. I looked at its source and saw a tall man with an awkward hat. More strange was that he had a staff with him, which he slammed into a big rock. The rock split in two.

As the sunbeams of the rising sun hit the trolls, they all turned into stone.

1031 Words

Here's the re-uploaded first chapter of Coincidence? How do you like the new cover?

Here's a picture of the old one (sorry for the bad quality):