Coincidental Run-ins (Meeting Again/Becoming Friends)

OH MY GOD ITS AB UPDATE
Yeah
I'm sorry

I'm also sorry about any formatting errors because this transferred through several devices (three computers and two phones to be precise) before I was able to finish it so it got all wonky and I did my best to quickly fix whatever I saw

Enjoy?

*********

Naruto

You winced as you stretched your arm, still sore from your last mission. Your oh-so-kind-and-benevolent teammate had come up with a way to defeat the group of thieves your team was sent to destroy. The bad news is that your teammate's plan was hurling you face first at the leader of the gang with no warning whatsoever. You handled yourself alright, but had your shoulder sliced open by a kunai. You only prayed that you hadn't reopened the wound.

You were heading home from reporting to Lady Tsunade and preparing to turn down your street when a shout stopped you.

"(Y/N)!" You quickly recognized the voice as Naruto. "Hey!" He chirpily greeted you when he finally caught up.

"Hi," You laughed as he kneeled over and panted. "Been training?"

"No," He informed you. "Just trying to catch up to you. Has anyone ever told you that you walk ridiculously fast?"

You scrunched up your nose. "Not really, no. Why?"

He loosed one of his more contagious laughs and you felt yourself giggling along. "'Cause you do." He straightened. "Anyways, wanna hang out? We could go train or eat some ramen. I'm down for whatever." He suggested before blushing and backtracking. "I mean not like a date or anything! Just, ya know. As friends."

"Friends?" You asked.

He nervously scratched the back of his neck as the red on his cheeks deepened. "Yeah, friends. 'Cause that's what we are now, right?" You felt yourself grinning. The Uzumaki simply oozed confidence, and seeing him so tongue-tied was hilarious to you. "I've just been really bored training alone and thought it would be fun to hang out with you for a while."

Laughing, you nudged his shoulder. "No need to get so freaked out. Friends, right?" Flashing you the signature knucklehead grin, he chuckled. "Let me go home and clean up first. I'm literally just getting back from a mission."

"Sounds cool," He laughed and skipped up to walk beside you. "How did your mission go?"

"It went good, except my idiot teammate threw me, literally threw me, into the middle of the group of people we were fighting and I ended up hurting my shoulder."

"That sucks." He groaned. "I could beat up your teammate for you if you'd like me to."

He sounded so serious threatening to fight your teammate that you couldn't help but burst into laughter. "Nah, they got plenty of it from me after the fight was over."

You and Naruto ended you spending the rest of the evening together and made plans for the next day as well. You showered and changed your bandages when you got home and met him back outside. As the two of you moved to the training grounds, you noticed that he meticulously avoided your injured shoulder, and even offered to treat you to dinner at Ichiraku's.

As friends, of course.

Sasuke

"What are you doing here?" You demanded. "I thought you were just passing through."

Sasuke looked up, his hair falling in his face. "I was. Now I'm passing back through."

The emotionless glint in his eyes was starting to irritate you. "I live in the middle of nowhere. No one 'passes through' here more than once." You did not know, of course, that your town was the closest town to Orochimaru's current hideout.