1

6:47 AM

6:47 AM

Lee Soojin wondered if she could feel something, anything at all at the moment when it was all about to go down.

The sky had cascaded into a blue canvas, a mixture of the colour turquoise and indigo, the clouds that were still spreading the color pink like the blush of a innocent girl in her first love. The leaves of the trees danced in rhythm, causing a gentle sound that died soon as a breeze rushed past.

A breeze that hit her as well, causing her dishevelled hair to fly past and make her shiver a little, as the bruise on her cheek that had turned purple and blue came into the limelight.

The only thing she cared about was the time, and the train she was waiting for. A train that would make the earth rumble, go on and take her fleeting life like it was nothing but a dead leave that fell on the autumn and had no meaning to live a little longer.

Soojin couldn't cry, heck she couldn't shed a single tear if she tried. Why was that?

Wouldn't you want to cry if your life would vanish in a whisk too? Wasn't it only normal?

The earth grumbled, distance cries of the birds that sat far ahead on the wires but was interrupted in their tranquil sleep was heard. Through the misty fog of the morning she could feel a stare of a pair of bright yellow eyes, coming right at her from afar with no mercy, no hesitation.

The headlights of the train.

She hugged herself, a mere hoodie on her shrill body in the chilly morning of a coming winter. The cold didn't bother her, nor the train that was going to squish her in between the cold metal tracks that she stood on, tracks that were surrounded by nothing but tall pine trees, not a single soul around.

"Hey! I am talking to you!"

But there was a sudden voice, a sudden rush of words that made her look to the side where a boy stood with his eyes wide and mouth apart, huffing and panting.

The train was only a few feet away.

"If you really want to die, can't you do it somewhere else? I don't want disgusting blood and other organs splashed all over my favorite place."

The boy's voice was only a little louder than the grumbling of the train, his eyes frequently visiting ahead and then on Soojin's face. Doe eyes that seemed to be begging her, but for what?

It took a second for Soojin to fathom what he was saying. The next word that came from the boy was not at all what she expected, though was she even expecting a frail looking boy to interrupt her while she was bidding goodbye to the meaningless world around her?

"Run!" the boy screamed to the top of his lungs, it was only matter of seconds now.

"What are you doing! Run!" the boy shouted against the wind, the earth shook and the boy ran giving her another frantic look.

And she followed.

She didn't know why, but she followed, there was no moment of hesitation, not a second wasting on lingering as she ran like her life depended on it. And it really did.

But when it hit her, slapped her on the face what she had really done she fell on the ground to her knees, shaking as a vulgar feeling of her stomach getting ripped out started, as if there were claws scratching on the walls of her respiratory system.

The earth still rumbled for a while, the whistle of the train was heard but it was long gone, long gone with her chance of dying.

"What have I done!" murmured she, lips trembling. A glass like tear falling on her scraped knees. "No! What have I done!" a pure agonizing screech leaving her throat, and the boy did nothing but taking a seat beside her carefully.

"You-" Soojin shouted at him, the boy clad in black with the face that looked like it hadn't been taken care for ages, the boy with raven hair as a messy mop on his head, the boy with curious doe eyes. But Soojin couldn't say anything else, her anger had eaten up her words.

"Another train comes at seven at the evening."

The boy was looking at her as if she was a new invention that needed to be observed carefully.

"I'm sorry, what?" Soojin snapped with fresh tears trickling down her face. "Are you telling me to muster up the courage to attempt it again?"

Maybe she did feel something at that moment, maybe she was, indeed, afraid. Her words seemed unbelievable to her.

"If you don't mind, I'll stay with you. Until you die, that is."

It could be Soojin's imagination but she could swear she saw a small smile tugging at the corner of his lips, even at this situation. But it soon vanished.

But before Soojin could make her thoughts into words, a sound erupted, the sound of her stomach growling with the need of food. Hunger, since there hadn't been anything that went down her stomach since last night.

"So the first thing we do is eat!" a smile now really formed onto the stranger's face.

---
A/n: this is a short read if yall don't know. I hope you enjoy. Again, please no spoilers in the comment section.