Chapter 7

You might have, just maybe, accidentally fallen asleep on Daryl's bed for a quick little cat nap. Maybe.

Only a little time had passed since the sun was still annoying bright outside, you sat up groggily and rubbed your eyes. Looking around, your clothes were no where to be seen. Dixon, classic Dixon. Standing up and making your way to his dresser, you dug through the drawers for a shirt. A nice oversized tshirt and a pair of his boxers would do for now and you made your way downstairs.

"Daryl, what'd you do with my clothes?" You asked as you made your way down the stairs.

Coming to the final step and then into the living room, you had put yourself in a less than savory situation. Rick Grimes and Daryl sat on the couch, both enjoying a cold beer.

"I don't recall saying ya could help yourself to my clothes, but since Rick is here I suppose it's better that ya came down in 'em." Daryl said, putting his beer down before standing up. "I washed 'em for ya, they're hangin' outside." He said, gesturing to the back door. "If you'll excuse us for a minute, Rick."

Rick nodded and turned back around to face forwards, continuing on with his beer with a smile on his face.

You followed Daryl outside to his clothes line, and yours were right where he said they were. You plucked them off the strings, draping them over your arm.

"I'd better go change." You mumbled, trying to make your way back into the house.

Daryl's hand grabbed your arm, pulling you back a little bit.

"Why the rush? Got somewhere better to be?"

He flipped you against the wall, still holding your arm. He started kissing your neck roughly, forcing his knee against your outer thigh to trap you under him.

For just a second you let him use you, but you wiggled out of his grip.

"I do have somewhere to be, actually." You said, smiling up at him before going back inside.

"You two can continue whatever it is you were doing, I'll be out of your hair in just a minute." You said towards Rick, walking passed him and into the bathroom to change.

"I think I outta be the one to get going, y'all have fun. It was nice, Daryl, we can catch up later." Rick said, giving Daryl a quick hug and firm pat on the back before leaving with his half empty beer.

Daryl waited for the front door to shut before making his way to the bathroom, turning the knob to see if it was locked.

And it was. Never trust a Dixon.

You finished pulling on your clothes and unlocked the door, leaving the bathroom. "Nice try." You said up to Daryl.

"Ya gotta be hungry by now, ya want dinner?" Daryl asked, picking his beer back up.

"Yeah, actually, that sounds pretty good... You're not gonna roofie me are you?" You asked teasingly.

"Depends on how hard to get you're gonna play tonight." Daryl joked, making his way to the kitchen.

"Shame Glenn doesn't delivery pizzas anymore, it'd be a hell of a lot easier than cookin'." He added.

You met with Daryl in the kitchen, pulling yourself into one of the stools along the breakfast bar. You watched him shuffle through the fridge and the cabinets, trying to figure something out to make. Eventually settling on a lean cut of venison and some fresh vegetables, he started preparing everything.

"Didn't take you for someone who could put together a decent meal." You mocked, watching him chop the greens.

"Didn't take ya for bein' a slut." He said back.

"... Excuse me?"

"I see ya, starin' at me like some sorta piece a' meat. Probably wet jus' sittin' there watchin' my arms." He said, smirking over at you.

You crossed your arms, glaring over at him.

"I thought you were serious for a second there Daryl, I was about to slam your face into that hot pan."

Daryl laughed quietly, giving you a little flex just for fun. He dropped the venison into the pan, searing it on both sides before throwing it into the oven.

Soon enough, Daryl served you a hot plate. You weren't too good with cooking so it was a nice change to have a proper meal. You hadn't eaten all day anyway. Thanking him as he slide the plate in front of you, you started to dig in.

Daryl sat to the right of you with his plate, sloppily wolfing it down. After only a few minutes, he was done and you were only about halfway through. Strange how that worked, considering his serving was maybe double yours. He sat patiently, waiting for you to finish.

Well, as patiently as Daryl could.

He slid his hand onto your right thigh, gripping it gently as you ate. You looked over at him, taking a sip from your glass of water.

"Is there an issue?" You asked.

"Nah, just waitin' for ya to finish so I can have dessert."

You rolled your eyes, putting up with Daryl's grubby hands until you finished. He took both of your plates and brought them to the sink to wash them. You hopped down from the stool and stretched your arms up. You waited for Daryl to finish, rubbing your face gently before yawning.

"We don't have all day."

"Yes we do." He replied.