Chapter 13

When you woke up Daryl was gone. The sheets were cold and the room felt empty, Daryl must have left a while ago. You slept in pretty late, it was about 2pm. As you were getting dressed you heard a knock at your door. Downstairs, you opened the door and it was Carol! Carol invited you to dinner later that evening, which was great because you were starving. There was some time to pass though, Carol said to come to her house around 5. You decided to take a shower and clean the house a little bit. You and Daryl produce a lot of dirty laundry. A few hours went by and it was nearing 5pm. You hobbled upstairs and got dressed for the dinner. Something not too casual or too dressy, appropriate for Carol's house. Dashing to her house, you knocked softly on the door.

Carol pulled open the door and smiled her sweet smile, inviting you in.

"You're just in time. Everything's just getting finished up. Would you mind setting the table?" Carol spoke softly.

"Is anyone else coming?" you asked from the dining room, setting out plates and silverware and such.

"I invited some others, Rick and his kids. I figured they probably don't get too much home cooking."

You smiled softly knowing you'd see Judith tonight. Rick hadn't asked you to babysit in a while. She's probably even bigger since the last time you saw her, you thought. Judith seemed to get bigger every day. Just as you finished setting the table and Carol was bringing over a big pot of something steamy, Rick knocked on the door. You offered to get it while Carol put out the rest of the food.

"Hi Rick, come in." you smiled big and wide as Carl walked up behind Rick with Judith in his arms.

You outstretched your hands to silently ask for her and Carl passed her on. Rick nodded as he walked in, you took Judith in a big hug and Carl shut the door behind himself. Everyone took a seat around Carol's extra long dining table, she even had a high chair for Judith. Whatever Carol had made, it smelled amazing, as always. She explained what the recipe was but you didn't really follow along, Rick at least pretended to be interested.

Judith played with her food, mostly. She wasn't completely on solid foods yet, but she liked to taste things and throw things around. Carl tried to keep her at bay as you conversed with Rick and Carol about adult stuff. Sometimes Carl would complain that he was an adult too and he should be included in the grown up business, but no one ever listened to him. You felt bad when he would get upset because he felt inferior, but he shouldn't want to burden himself with the responsibility yet, anyway.

Eventually, the meal was over and Rick went home with his kids. You offered to stay and help Carol clean up, but she refused and shooed you out the door. Carol did that a lot, almost every time you wanted to help clean she wouldn't allow it. You felt guilty, but there wasn't much you could do. With a full, happy stomach, you walked home slowly. The sun was just beginning to set, the sky was very slowly getting darker. The crickets started to come out, even lightning bugs, too.

Your walk home was slow and quiet. People were scattered around, finishing up their days so they could go home, too. You passed Daryl on the road and waved. He lifted his hand in a half-assed wave back. He seemed tired. Maybe he went hunting today? You two went along with your business, him walking away and you waddling back to your house.

Once at your house, it was a b-line for the couch to sit down and undo that top button of your jeans. You kicked off your shoes and took off your bra for ultimate comfort. The plan was to relax for a little bit and then get up to do productive things, but you fell asleep on the couch instead.

With your head tipped back, drool coming out of the corner of your mouth and one hand on your stomach, Daryl decides this is a great time to stop by for a visit. He let himself in and walked over to you, getting a full glimpse of this super hot scene. He stifled a laugh, but it woke you up anyway. Slowly opening your eyes and bringing your hand up to wipe the drool off your face, you look over and see Daryl trying desperately not to laugh at you. You sit up fully, your face going completely red as you realize how gross you must have looked. You look up at him, trying to play it off with a fake smile and fake laugh.

"What uh... what're you doing here?" you asked.

"I guess I just can't seem t' stay away from ya'." Daryl says, snorting a little bit to try to cover up a laugh.

"Right, well, a knock would have been appreciated." you groaned, buttoning up your jeans.

Daryl sat down on the couch next to you, then reached over and pulled you on top of his lap. He rested his hands on your lower back, gripping the skin softly.

"I think it was cute," he said, moving his fingertips under the hem of your pants.

You smiled, leaning down to rest your head on his shoulder. Daryl moved his hands down more, grabbing hold of your ass and guiding your hips forward, then back again. You could smell on his hair and skin that he had just showered, which was much more pleasant than the usual scent. Burying your face in his neck, he continued to manually grind you against him. He tilted his head against yours, softly biting your earlobe. The sensation sent chills up your spine.

"Bedroom?" you whispered in his ear

Daryl didn't hesitate to scoop you up and carry you up to your room, kissing and nipping your neck the whole way. He slammed the door behind him with his foot, dropping you onto the bed. You could tell how primal the sex was about to be by the way Daryl started ripping off your clothes. He's about to go hunting again, but this time you're the prey.