• two • west coast •

TRIGGER WARNING: this whole book is dark get used to it 🙃
millie

there are two kinds of fear. one type is the one like you are scared of the dark or the monsters that live in them you know, the fake fear. then there is the second type of fear. the one where you aren't scared of the dark or the monsters in them, you are scared of the real things. like how dark someone can be, when they let their monster out. i have that kind of fear, and now i, millie brown, hide in my room with my door locked and my dresser against the door hiding from the outside world. he had left, and my mom was still laying on the living room floor, dead for all i know. i wasn't going to leave my room. i wasn't going to face the wrath of him. my kneesocks lay at the foot of my bed as the blood drips from the bottoms of them.

i had rubbing alcohol in one hand and paper towels in the other. i had gotten all the glass out of my feet i was now cleaning them. tears had dried on my small face hiccups still escaping my lipstick smudged mouth. my computer then dinged again.

i quickly wrapped my feet and hopped up carefully to my computer. i laid on my bed and opened the lid of my computer, messages from the unknown boy were covering the notification screen. the most recent one saying.

"i'm drowning in the fear of not knowing if you are okay. can you please tell me your name?"

i quickly responded wanting to tell him i was "okay" i lied to him.

"i'm sorry... i fell asleep like you said. i was super tired. i stayed up really late last night"

he responded just as fast as i had

"i am so glad you are okay. though i have just met you i was genuinely scared"

i smiled at my screen almost forgetting all my fears from the last few hours.

"yeah i'm alright, oh and you can call me "m". what can i call you?" i asked politely.

"f"

i giggled.

"m and f can conquer the world" i grabbed some knee socks from drawer while i waited for a response. yes i waited.

"can you video chat?" i was taken aback from the words on the screen.

"i'm not so sure hun"

"oh come on please"

"all you are going to see is my knee socks" i replied back.

"just to hear your voice is more than enough"

i blushed for some odd reason.

"fine but just to be fair you can't show your face"

"okay fine"

a few minutes after he mentioned the video call, he called me.
i answered a few seconds later showing i wasn't so desperate.

"h-hi" i stuttered.

"hello the one and only mysterious m" he laughed.

oh his laugh was so soothing it made me feel at peace for the second time that day.

"hello the odd f" i laughed and he soon joined in.

it seemed like hours we were on call. i was actually happy and not afraid for once.

it was soon hitting 7 o clock pm and i was crying from laughter. i heard footsteps on the staircase and i instantly shut up and hushed f.

"f-f i have to go n-now" i started shaking.

"is everything fine m?" his voice dripping with concern.

"it will be soon"

i then hit end. i took out the small hand gun from my waist band and waited for the door to bust open.

it took a few seconds but the door handle started jiggling and fear bubbled up inside me.

my dresser was knocked out of the way and he came barging through

"why aren't you helping your mother you little brat only caring for yourself" his voice filled with venom.

"is she d-dead?" i stuttered, keeping the gun behind my back.

"how am i supposed to know you little slut?" a tear fell down my face, i quickly wiped it away with my free hand that wasn't holding the gun.

"are you seriously crying? oh my god you are such a damn baby!" i ignored his insults.

he got closer and closer and the fear was still rising in me, my hands were shaking, but i had to have a good aim or he wasn't going to be gone for good.

"i'm sorry sir i'll be a better girl" my lips quivering with fear.

"yeah you better be or i will hit you again. do you want that?" he said. i quickly shook my head.

"i promise sir, i really do. and if i do act out you have permission to hit me as many times as you would like" i said the fear no longer evident in my voice.

he stepped closer.

"you don't tell me what to do young lady" he kept getting closer and closer. but the fear wasn't there anymore.

i slowly pulled the gun from behind my back. he looked down at my hands and started backing up.

"you put that thing away right now, ya hear" i stepped closer to him. he wasn't ever going to hurt me again. ever.

"i found this thing in your closet.. do you like it? i think i'm going to try it out" i fired the fun missing him on purpose.

"PUT IT DOWN NOW MILLIE"

i fired again missing once again just to trick him.

"hmm.. guess i have bad aim" and shot once more hitting him in the chest.

"yeah really bad aim" i stepped over him and as i was about to leave the room i heard

"M?!"

shit. f had heard the whole thing.

a/n: this whole book is going to be twisted by the way