4. TEMPTATIONS

Era

I woke up one morning, realizing that it was Saturday.

So what's the plan for this day? I thought, with my eyes looking at the ceiling. Probably by now, my friends were stinking at somebody's house due to an overnight party. They were always inviting me, but I was declining it because Mom wouldn't want it.

Still on my pajamas, I walked out of my bedroom and lounged on the living room's couch. I turned on the TV and stared at the on-going drama in CW.

"No schedule for today, Era?"

I sat up from the sofa upon hearing Henry's voice. I turned my head and found him standing on the bathroom door. "N-no. I have no classes on Saturdays. I just stay at home." I shifted my eyes back to the TV, calming my breath, composing myself.

Until now, I wasn't yet used to see him half-naked. But honestly, whenever I remember him having sex with his ex-girlfriend, my libido level arises.

"You are always thinking so deep, Era." He walked towards me and placed his hand on the sofa's backrest. "Are you having trouble with school or something?"

I stared at his shower-fresh face, preventing my eyes to slide down to his packed abdomen. The towel around his waist was low enough, giving me a glimpse of that V. "I'm fine, Henry. I just feel lazy now."

I preferred to call him by his name. Like what he said, I could call him Henry if I wasn't yet ready calling him dad.

"What if you hang out with me?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

My eyes widened. He would really do that? "Going where?" I chuckled.

"Hmm..." He pressed his lips together into a thin line, which I assumed he was thinking. Seconds later he smiled, walking around the sofa. "Get up there. We'll go shopping."

I knew most of the guys were not into that. If you were with them, then they would just be sickly bored.

I shook my head. "No, Henry. You don't have to do that."

He frowned and grabbed my hands. Now I was standing only inches away from him and I could hear my heart stomping inside my chest.

"Look Era, it's my obligation, alright? And I would be glad if you just say yes."

I found my own hands crawling on his sturdy jaws but I managed to release it before I could touch something else. I had no idea how long could I stay sane with him. And he had no idea either he was seducing me since that day he walked into this building!

It was torture for me to just keep quiet about it. But at least there's something I could do to express myself.

"Okay. I'm going with you."

The next thing I knew was me holding five shopping bags. Henry had ten bags in each of his hands and all were just for me.

He didn't complain about the kind of clothes and shoes I picked and he was just buying them regardless of how expensive it was! He even bought me a brand new phone! I felt so special and appreciated.

"Thank you so much, Henry. I really enjoyed this day." I said as I pressed my back on the car's chair next to him. It was night already and we're heading back to the apartment.

"You're welcome. But it's still not enough. I have more to give."

"This is too much. With all the stuffs you bought, I can now establish my own fashion boutique and-"

My eyes widened when he held my hand and squeezed it. His eyes were on the road but he was smiling. "You know what they say about spaces between fingers?" Henry said.

I looked down and watched how he intertwined our fingers. "So what's it about?" I asked, nervous.

"They say spaces were created so that another's could fill them in."

I turned my head over him. "What do you mean by that?"

"I can give you any material things, Era. But I was referring to time, attention, and love. You grew up without me and I feel bad about it. So no more complaints, okay? Let me do this to fill in my mistakes. Just let me be part of your life."

Oh, my God. He was quite confusing. I wanted to take his words in a sensual manner, but he wasn't showing any signs that he wanted me romantically. Okay, maybe I was just confused. Maybe he was just sweet, thoughtful, and showy to the extent of me misinterpreting his actions.

We arrived in the apartment after an hour. But before we stepped out of the car I called for his attention.

"Henry."

"Yeah?" he asked, with his face frowning on his cellphone screen.

I took a deep breath and kissed him on his cheek.

"Whoa..." His eyes got wider. He looked over me and smiled. "What's that for?"

I shrugged my shoulders nonchalantly. "You're amazing, Henry."

I got out of the car and giggled, recalling that surprised reaction on his face.

Hours really easily passed by and now it was ten in the evening. Right after our dinner hours ago, I rushed through my room and scattered all the clothes Henry had bought for me.

"This is so fabulous!" I gushed, turning in front of the mirror with the brand new little dress on me. It was emphasizing my long legs and the curves of my waist. The red hue was highlighting the fairness of my skin.

I was taking it off to try another dress when I heard a doorbell. "Who would that be visiting at this hour? Dina?" With the thought of that woman, I found myself frowning in front of the mirror.

Minutes later I heard Henry knocked on my door. "Era, you have a visitor."

"M-me?" Though still hesitating, I opened the door and saw Henry's mouth fell open. His eyes grew bigger as he scanned me from my face down to my feet.

"What?" I asked, confused at his expression.

"Y-you're classmate is here. She's in the living room."

My smile widened. "Really?"

"Yes. But you can't show yourself if you don't dress." He gulped.

"Me what?"

Slowly, I looked down myself and blood rushed through my cheeks as I saw myself fully naked. "What the fuck!" Without any second thought, I slammed the door harshly and leaned behind it. I shut my eyes and covered my face.

"I'm so dumb. He saw me naked!"