First

Journal Log #1:

New journal, new me, right? Actually, this journal is exclusively for this time. Since Jeremy got that weird Squip thing, he has been avoiding me completely. I feel...empty. It's like...we're not even friends anymore. I though our friendship meant more to him, that maybe he'd help me out when he got popular...but no. He...he isn't even acting like himself anymore! He's blocking me out, and now I'm alone. I'm never felt more rejected and worthless in my life, not even when my parents went on a vacation without me and didn't realize I still home till they got back. I don't know why I'm so upset...I mean, shouldn't I be happy for him? He's popular, cool...ugh, I dunno.

Maybe life isn't a two player game after all.

End Log.

Michael put his journal down, slamming it shut with a huff. He picks up his shiny new phone from his rich, overpayed parents, and reads absolutely no new messages, because he has no friends. Only Jeremy. But...Jeremy's ditching him. A lot. They used to play video games every Wednesday, but here Michael is.

On Wednesday night.

Alone.

'Whatever," Michael thought bitterly. 'He's probably at some cool party getting drunk anyways.' He let out another angry breath of air, his pajama pants itching uncomfortably. He stands up, walking slowly down the stairs to get a glass of water. He sat down next to the window in his kitchen, head leaned back in tiredness and frustration. He didn't need Jeremy. All he needed was himself. Right? When his phone rang, he neared dropped the glass. "Shit," Michael mumbled, placing the glass down on a 1980s coaster before jogging up the stairs. The caller ID reading 'Jeremy Heere is HERE' with a earbud emoji next to it. Ugh. 'Okay, here we go, I guess.'

"Hello? Michael? Michael! How've you been?" Michael cringed at the enthusiasm in Jeremy's voice. As if he didn't know how he felt. Anger bubbled up to the surface of Michael's emotion. "Oh no, I'm fine. Just have been ditched and ignored by my best friend, so nothing much." Jeremy's joy sizzled down to discomfort, as the guilt panged in his stomach.

"Oh. Well, Michael, listen. I--"

"How have you been?" Jeremy's heart dropped at Michael's cold and distant tone.

"I...I've, uh. I've been good?"

"Well. That's. Wonderful. Just. Just fan-fucking-tastic." Michael spat. He was sick of this shit. Why the hell did Jeremy just assume he would jump at the idea to talk to him? He's just so--

"Why are you acting so pissy?" Jeremy sighed. He knew ignoring him was wrong, but the Squip told him to!

Look, Jeremy, why did you even call him? Remember, he's a link to Jeremy 1.0. The loser Jeremy. Why bother? He's mad, so hang up.

"But he's... he's my friend.'

He's a loser and a freak. Move. On.

"Jeremy? Did you hear me?" Jeremy snapped out of his own head, remembering he was in a call.

"I have to go. I don't have time for this."

"What? JEREMY! You--!" He hung up. Jeremy hung up. Michael hung his head. And looked at the box of razor blades in his room. 'Only a few,' he told himself.

'Only a few.'