Third

//WARNING: GAY SLURS, SELF-HARM, AND BULLYING\\

School is shitty. Especially without Jeremy. Sure, he was still there, but he was talking to the people who have bullied him for years! Which is great. Jake spots Michael and smirks, walking over in a quick stride. The rest of his group, including Jeremy, walks behind him. Jake chuckles. "What's up faggot?" Michael's heart races as he tries to look to a place to hide. An exit. And escape. "What, not gonna talk, queer?" Jake shoves Michael's shoulder back slightly, and Michael stumbles back, his breathing getting thinner. There was no way in hell Jeremy was going to see him have a panic attack. Yep, that's right: Jeremy didn't know he got panic attacks. Michael was too afraid to say anything. He was always too fucking afraid. "Come on, faggot! Say something!" Michael felt like crying. He took two steps backwards before dashing away in retreat. His heart was beating so fast-his head was pounding.

Michael couldn't breathe.

Finally, he reached the janitor's closet, but the janitor was just coming out of it. Shit. When the janitor saw Michael, he stepped aside and nodded. "Take your time, son." Michael gave him a weak smile, but didn't have the emotional strength to thank him verbally. As the janitor walked away, he heard Jake yelling taunts down the hall. Michael went into the janitor's office and slammed the door.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

"They're gonna start to shout soon..."

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK  KNOCK

"Aw, hell no, won't be out soon."

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

It stops.

Then Michael hears Jeremy through the door: "Guys, I've got the key." Jake and Rich laugh, and Michael listens to the door being unlocked. Michael looks at his arms and realizes only now that he's scratched his skin raw, and that he's bleeding--and that he's crying.
I'm officially fucked. The door swings open, and Michael can see their shadows on the floor. He's facing the back wall, his nose almost touching it. The silence is sinister. I'm stuck. I can't breathe. I can feel my chest tighening, and my arms are burning. It hurts. He chooses to focus on the shadows, and realizes a girl is standing next to him. When Michael look at her, she looks terrified. I don't blame her. I'm bleeding really badly. She bends down to talk to Michael, but he speak first, in a low whisper.

"Get out." Michael growls. His blurry vision clears slightly, and he now can tell that the girl is Brooke Lohst. Brooke tries to speak again, but Michael interrupt her again. "Get. Out. NOW." Brooke gets up, shoving everyone out. Once He's alone, he examines his wounds in the dark.

'I should go to the nurse,' is his first thought. So Michael gets up, and pulls his jacket sleeves down. His face is less red, and his eyes are normal color when he looks in the janitor's mirror. When he walks out Jeremy and the others are still out there. Michael looks directly at Jeremy, and pulls a hand-sewed patch off, and throws it at him. Then Michael starts walking to the nurse. When he gets there and takes off his hoodie so he the nurse can treat him, he notices which patch he ripped off.

Michael's 'Player Two' patch.