Chapter 13

Brodie’s Pov

It had been two weeks since I had seen Sam in the gym. The day she had got dentition for 'hitting' Naomi.

That afternoon I had seen the real Sam. The one that isn't wearing this hardcore exterior. The one that obeyed the rules cleaned for hours and then took out her anger on the court.

Her skills where amazing. Shot after shot slinking through the net. Hearing the sound of the ball and the brush of the net was amazing but she didn't even seem to care. She just shot and scored again and again. She was exactly like me taking out frustration somewhere else letting the world disappear.

When she finally slumped to the floor I thought she may have passed out and was about to come out from my spot behind the bleachers until I heard a gasp for air and a sob. I wanted badly to go over and comfort her but I would probably get killed in the process.

Nothing had changed between us if anything we had gotten closer. I'd never got along so well with a girl before and it was great because I knew she wasn't after me for popularity.

Our first game was tomorrow and I was as nervous as a polar bear was worried about climate change. We had been practicing non-stop and had developed a good strategy. The team was sitting in the locker room after a light practise waiting for coach to come in and us his annual first pre- game speech.

"Why does he always leave these things to last minute and leave us in suspense" Blake moaned again as Parker slapped him over the head.

"Shut up moaning you woman" Caleb punched his arm.

"I'm not a woman, but you know who is" He winked and we all looked up wondering who Blake had his eye on now.

"Your friend Brooke" he nodded at me.

"Really Blake that's the best you could find" I looked at him questioningly.

"No but she sure is hot and you seem like you have your hooks in her"

"Man you can have her any day"

"Why don't you want her Mr Star quarterback" he countered. Well crap what was I going to say to that Brooke was nice in a way that made stalkers look like amateurs. She had followed me around for a few days until I caught her and gave her a 'tour'. Tour!  She spent it walking behind me looking at my ass and even told me she was. It was so obvious she just wanted to get in my pants and I wasn't having none of it. People like her where the reason for my hatred for girls.

"I just don't keep her" I snapped.

"I know what it is he's got another girl" Rob piped up.

Thank fully coach walked in and that immediately shut us all up.

"Okay boys big game tomorrow do we all know what where doing?"

"Yes Coach" we all shouted at him.

"Okay now the Bears are good this year they have already had one game and won by a landslide are we going to let them beat us

"No coach" we roared

"Are we confident?"

"Yes coach"

"Are we cocky?"

"No coach" we shouted "Yes coach" Parker shouted and we all laughed.

"Always have to be different West" he smirked

"Sure do captain"

"I ain’t the Captain Westie he is" Coach nodded to me.

The room was quiet and all eyes were on me. God I hated these moments I was meant to stand up and give a speech about team spirit. Don't get me wrong I loved being leader being the captain but public speaking and displays weren’t my thing.