12|| Nico

But there were very few of Harry's playful glared in the next weeks. The other houses were all furious at the two underage Gryffindor champions. Slytherin could only be expected, but Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw all seemed to have pitted against the scarlet and gold house.

Nico sensed a change in a select few other Gryffindors as well. Angelina, for example, was hoping for her own name to be chosen. Two seventh year Gryffindor boys didn't acknowledge them as they walked by. It was just a small grudge, nothing even close to Slytherin's. But the smallest change of all had the biggest impact.

"What's up with him?" Harry asked in frustration as Ron stood up and left the Great Hall from breakfast. "Doesn't he know we didn't do it on purpose?"

Nico didn't catch his eye and instead let his gaze follow Ron out the door. "I dunno. He's being pretty distant."

"Oh, isn't it obvious?" Hermione said softly. "He's jealous."

"Jealous?" Harry asked bitterly. "Why on earth would he be jealous?"

Hermione hesitated. "Let's go to the lake, shall we?" She asked. She and Harry stood up, still talking in an undertone with glances in Ron's direction.

"Damn," Percy said as they too, stood up. "I guess Ron's really jealous of all this attention."

Nico shrugged. After all, most of it was negative and aimed towards Harry, the more well known Gryffindor. He didn't mind it at all, in fact he was quite used to it. Harry, obviously, was not, and Ron was not blind to it either.

"I really hope he gets over it," Annabeth said worriedly. "Something as petty as jealousy shouldn't tear friendships apart."

Percy glanced at her, half amused, and mouthed Rachel. Annabeth rolled her eyes.

"Oh, hush, Seaweed Brain. We weren't even friends yet."

>>>•O•<<<

The sound of the door opening drew Nico from his cauldron. And a lucky thing it did, otherwise he would've dropped his head into his shrinking potion.

"Please, sir, I'm here to bring Harry Potter and Nico di Angelo upstairs," a small voice said. Nico glanced over and spotted Colin Creevey standing in front of Snape's desk, looking up at the potion's master with a slightly pink face. Clearly he was running down to the dungeons, though Nico couldn't see why. If he was sent to interrupt Snape's class in the middle of the day, he would go as slowly as possible.

"They have another hour of potions to complete," Snape said icily.

"Sir, Mr. Bagman wants them-- all the champions have to go..."

"Very well, very well," Snape snapped. "Potter, diAngelo, leave your things. I want you back later to test your shrinking potion."

"Please, sir, they have to take their things with them," Colin stammered. "All the champions--"

"Very well!" Snape raised his voice. "You two, take your things and get out of my sight!"

"It really is amazing, isn't it, Harry?" Colin prattled happily up he stairs. "You being champion?"

Harry shot a helpless glance at Nico, who grinned and stuck out his tongue.

"Er-- yeah. What do they want us for, Colin?"

"Photographs, I think. For the Daily Prophet!"

"Great," Harry muttered. "Exactly what I need. More publicity."

"Good luck!" Colin said, waving back as they shuffled into the room.

It was a partially empty classroom, the tables pushed to one side to make an empty space. Fleur and Krum were already there, Krum sitting moodily at a desk and Fleur still speaking rapid fire French with Madame Maxime.