Kidnapped

"l think the bracelet is some sort of guide to the lost oasis of Ahm Shere." I rambled on to Rick as we went through the door to my old childhood house. Evy was here somewhere, who knows where.

"EVY!" I yelled, to get no answer. Rick dropped the majority of our bags near the door.

"MOM!" Alex yelled behind us. He ran forward into the living area setting the chest on the table.

"Josephine... I know what you're thinking and the answers no. We just got home." Rick said clearly wanting to stay home and relax for a bit before we started off on another adventure. But he didn't understand my yearning to figure out what these dreams were and why I was having them. I needed to know.

"That's the beauty of it. We're already packed." I said spinning around to face my husband.

"Why don't you just give me one good reason?" Rick said walking up close to my face.

"Its just an oasis... Darling." I said to him tipping the hat he had been wearing off his head and onto the floor. I wanted this more than a lot of things lately. He needed to understand. I sighed internally.

"A beautiful... exciting... romantic... oasis." I did a full circle around him removing his scarf he had been wearing in the process. Rick pulled me closer to him by the waist.

"The kind with the white, sandy beach and the palm trees... and the cool, clear, blue water? We could have some of those big drinks with the little umbrellas." He made a gesture trying to explain to me the tiny umbrellas. I smiled at his attempt to get the point across to me.

"Sounds good." I said happily smelling his cologne and getting even more comfy in his arms.

"Sounds too good. What's the catch?" He quickly put me at arms length. I sighed walking out of his arms, he was catching on quicker now that we were married.

"Supposedly its the resting place of Anubis' army." Evelyn butted in making her presence known. I walked over to my sister and gave her a hug. I was happy to see her again.

"Evy!! You're home.. How's it feel to be back?" I asked her while pulling away.

"Me? I should be asking you! Alex said he had fun. I saw the chest. Beautiful, I can't believe I missed it." Evy babbled on before Rick interrupted our girl talk.

"You see? I knew there's a catch. There's always a catch. How did I know that? And let me guess. It was commanded by this Scorpion King guy?" Rick butted himself back into the conversation steering it towards the outcome he wanted.

"Yes, but he only awakens once every 5,000 years." Evy said in my defense.

"And if someone doesn't kill him, he's gonna wipe out the world." Rick said. I started walking away from him up the staircase. He followed me.

"How did you know?" I asked skeptically but sarcastically. Evy laughed at us and went to go talk to Alex a bit more while Rick and I bickered about the Scorpion King.

"I didn't, but that's always the story." Rick said knowingly.

"The last known expedition to actually reach Ahm Shere... was sent by Ramses the Fourth over 3,000 years ago. He sent over a thousand men." Evy yelled up the stairs to us.

"None of them was ever seen again." Rick said on his wipe out the world ploy.

"How did you know?" I asked smiling at his dumb antics.

"I didn't, but that's always the story." He said back to me still following me as I made my way over to the bookshelf where I knew I stored the book that I needed.