Izzy

"This is the magic carpet?" Evy asked Rick a little upset about where in the hell we were. I did have to admit, Izzy's airfield was in the middle of nowhere with a wooden sign saying 'the Magic Carpet.' It looked less than luxury.

"It'll be fine. He's a professional." Rick replied pretty sure of himself. I on the other hand was not amused. Izzy was nice but kind of unreliable and quite frankly a pussy. Just then the man of the hour walked through the giant doors that separated us from the airfield whistling to himself, unaware that we were awaiting his arrival.

"Izzy!" Rick greeted him warmly. Izzy spun in a circle and ran back through the gate promptly locking it and keeping us from getting through. As if that would work, if I knew my husband at all, locks were never a problem for him, whether it be picking one or shooting it, he would find a way through. 

"Hey!" Rick said, a frown crossing his features.

"He definitely remembers you." Evy said sarcastically, she was not in the mood to be fucked with. 

"He's a little shy." Rick explained as he walked towards the door. "Jonathan, get our bags." Rick demanded, I knew he was feeling the same way I was, that this was our fault for roping our family into this. But so far we were making decent time to get to Alex before it was too late. 

"Oh, my hands are full." Jon made a bullshit excuse as always.

"Now!" I yelled grabbing the gold stick from his hands. I'd been fed up the entire trip back down to Egypt. I was on edge, we just needed to find Alex. 

"Right. I'll get the bags." Jon said afraid of my temper, giving me a look that asked 'what the hell Joe?'

"I'll deal with the flight details." Rick said as he shot the lock off the door and kicked it open. What did I say? I knew him too well. 

"Honey, you're not a subtle man." I berated him, walking in step behind him.

"We don't have time for subtle." He defended himself, I laughed, very true. I threw him the gold stick knowing it would help in our negotiations with Izzy if need be. Rick caught it with ease. 

"Izzy, come here." Rick said as he went to go get Izzy as he ran away saying 'no, no, no.' under his breath.

"Doesn't look happy to see you." Evy said to Rick.

"Never turned me down yet." Rick said looking at her sideways.

"Whatever it is, whatever you need, I don't care." Izzy told Rick while grabbing some maps. "Forget it, O'Connell. Every time I hook up with you, I get shot. Last time I got shot in the ass. I'm in mourning for my ass." He lifted some sleeping drunks head and dropped it unsparingly. "Remember that bank job in Marrakesh?" He went on.

"Bank job?" Evy asked Rick as she looked at me in the process, I just shrugged. I knew what he was talking about. Oh Rick was a wild man in the old days, however, I did not know all the stories, I didn't want to. 

"It's not like it sounds." Rick defended himself as we all followed Izzy to a makeshift tent made with sticks.

"It's exactly how it sounds. I'm flying high, hiding in the sun. The white boy here flags me down, so I fly in low for the pick-up. The next thing you know, I get shot. I'm lying in the middle of the road with my spleen hanging out... And I see him waltzing up with some belly dancer girl." Izzy explained the story although I remembered Rick telling it differently. I sighed, trying not to get angry.

"Belly dancer girl?" Evy asked looking back to me. I gave her a glance that said 'not sure, I will find out.'

"Not how I heard it. Izzy I think you and I need to have another chat." I piped up.