Resurrected

I gasped awake sitting up quickly almost bumping heads with Alex. I took in my surroundings, seeing Alex with the Book of the Dead and Evy sitting next to him smiling at me. Quickly I was surrounded by both their arms in a hug. I smiled at them still a little shaken from my experience of which I wasn't sure what happened, was it actually heaven? I brushed it out of my mind like it was nothing when Evelyn leaned towards me.

"I wasn't sure if that was going to work." Evy whispered in my ear. I squeezed her tightly then let her go moving on to Alex. I ruffled his hair.

"Hey little man." I said to him as he tackled me again with another hug. I laughed happily feeling reborn and well rested.

"Don't you dare do that again." Alex said to me smiling as he pulled away from me. I looked around a little noticing Jon wasn't there.

"Where's Jon??" I asked her. She nodded her head to where Jon was.

"Take care of Alex?" I asked her as I quickly got up and started to walk over to where Jon was. Evy grabbed my arm stopping me quickly and said:

"Wait Joe, I can't." Tears were starting to form in her eyes. I knew she was scared but I needed her to be strong.

"You can Eve's I'll be fine, I have nothing left I need to do here. You do, you have a family, let me do this for you Nefretiri." The name caught me off guard, it slipped out of my mouth. Evy stood up straighter and stood behind Alex hugging him to her chest. She nodded at me as I left to go find Jon and Anck-Su-Namun fighting. Just as Jonathan was about to get a sai through the heart I jumped in, grabbing Anck-Su-Namun's arm stopping her.

"Why don't you quit picking on my brother and pick on someone your own size." I told her as I threw her off him and grabbed his arm, shoving him out of the way.

"Joe!" He smiled at me, not concerned about me throwing him out of the way at all.

"Go help Rick. Evy's got Alex." I told him as he strode off towards where Evy and Alex were hidden. I looked Anck-Su-Namun up and down gauging her reaction, after she'd killed me before, seeing me again didn't seem to faze her. I looked at her grabbing the nearest sais from the Anubis statue next to me as I saw Evy, Jon and Alex run down the corridor to help my husband who stupidly went to avenge my death.

"Sakhmet" she breathed out looking afraid of me. As a goddess in my previous life I felt powerful, she was a lowly figure compared to myself. I smiled at her disadvantage feeling the rage and power flow through me.

"Anck-Su-Namun." I spoke her name spinning the sais in my hands, absolutely enjoying this.

"Dai-u (Good)" she spoke to me. Although I wasn't her partner before, a part of me felt I had some advantage, after all I had sentenced Imhotep to death in my past life. She started slashing at me as I blocked her attempts first playing defense as she wasted her energy. I ducked underneath her arm and we switched places, turning around rapidly to avoid getting hit. I played offense after thoroughly enjoying her energy drain. She backed me up til I hit the podium behind me. Fuck, I couldn't entirely keep up with her at first, but I knew I could outmatch my opponent.

"You remembered the old ways." She spoke to me. I heard a cough from behind me. Evy was there with her own pair of sais, I noticed the spark in her eyes. I quickly headbutted Anck-Su-Namun and moved out of the way for Evy to get her share in. I knew she wanted into the fight so I decided to back down and let her. I watched as her and Evy raised blades against each other. She seemed in her element so I let her be, I went to the corridor to see where the fight had led with Rick and Imhotep with the Scorpion King. I didn't make myself known just yet, leaning up against the wall taking in the immense insanity that we had gotten ourselves into... Again. I sighed heavily. Suddenly, Anck-Su-Namun ran past me with Evy in tow.