Chap 5

By (you already know who it is ͜ʖ͠)👌)

~*~

Zero sat silently in his room that night.

It wasn't his turn for patrol, and he didn't particularly feel like protecting Yuki after the day's events. A bit selfish of him, he knew, but he couldn't find the strength in himself to face her.

He was fully aware it wasn't her fault - she was innocent in all of this. It wasn't her fault that Kaname decided to toy with his emotions. Hell, it wasn't even the damn pureblood's fault. It was his own fault, for letting the pureblood in, for letting the brunette touch him, for letting him break down of all the walls Zero built all those years ago. The silverette knew he could have waited for the heat to pass, but he allowed his own desires to consume him. This was his punishment. This is what happens when you let yourself fall for a vampire.

Zero balled his fists. He wouldn't...he couldn't allow this to happen again. He would...he needed to be stronger.

The silverette rubbed his hand against his neck where passionate kisses were previously placed.

Hurting like this was pathetic.

~*~

Classes were going to begin very soon. Zero sluggishly prepared himself for the day. He took a quick shower and put on his Day Class uniform. Before exiting his room, he spared a glance at his appearance in the bathroom mirror. Dark circles were looming under his eyes.

The silverette sighed - he felt both emotionally and physically drained. It was a restless night. Today was going to be hard to endure.

~*~

Zero walked through the Academy's hallways heading towards his first class - his pace slow and his mind stuck on a certain pureblood.

Walking without a shadow behind him, it now felt foreign to the exhuman. He felt lonely, even if walking alone was what he had done years prior to Kaname's heat. Zero never really had much friends. After the killing of his entire family, his social skills were pretty much non-existent. Perhaps his only friend was Yuki. She was bubbly and always happy - it was a no brainer as to why she easily made friends.

And why she had Kaname.

Zero closed his eyes in exhaustion as he walked - he needed to think about something else.

"Hey, why is Zero all by himself? Where's Kaname?"

The chatter of two nearby Day Class girls was heard by Zero.

"I don't know - I think Kaname broke up with him."

The other girl made a confused noise. "I thought they were just close friends?"

"But they were always like kissing and hugging and stuff around the Academy."

"Oh - why'd they break up?"

"Zero always seemed annoyed when Kaname was around him. Every time I saw them it was always Kaname doing the kissing and hugging. I think Zero's lack of affection made Kaname feel unwanted."

Zero cursed. His pace faulted for a moment, but he kept walking as if it didn't happen. He couldn't ignore the pain he felt in his gut.

"That's so sad! How rude of Zero..."