Chap 6

By TeMpHeRiUs

Zero glanced at the teacher at the front of the class, who was droning on about something the silverette could care less about. The teen felt his eyelids closing slowly and subtly and the beginnings of a yawn climbing his throat. The ex-human sighed in exhaustion, pressed his forehead into the crook of his arm and hoped the class would end sooner than later.

The silverette wanted to forget all about his 'mistake' with Kaname, and how he was the toy used for the pureblood's animalistic instinct. He allowed himself to be weak in front of the creature, a mistake that the teen swore would never be repeated.

Zero could handle all the murmurs and the gossip that surrounded him everywhere he went, about the mysterious circumstances surrounding Kaname and Zero's all too sudden separation. The teen was getting used to it. The silverette just needed to survive the sight of Kaname gaze adoringly at Yuki the same way he once gazed at Zero, that was what the silverette would be struggling with.

The hunter clutched his chest as he felt his heart beat increase rapidly at the memory of Kaname blatantly ignoring Zero for his dear Yuki. He could remember his heart dropping to his stomach and his blood running cold recalling the event.

Zero swallowed, trying to find his breath again. Just a mistake. Just a stupid, stupid mistake.

Pathetic.

Suddenly, the teen felt a foreign object hit his head. The silverette made a noise of annoyance before glancing up from the crook of his arm. What he was greeted with was a mysterious paper ball on his desk; Zero frowned and unwrapped it.

Are you okay? You seem more tired than usual. Are you eating and sleeping enough?

- Yuki

The silverette scanned the bottom half of the classroom and saw Yuki glancing back at him with a worried expression written on her face. Zero sent a small, reassuring smile in her direction - or attempted to. She was always able to see through him like glass.

Yuki didn't seem fooled by the smile, and made a frustrated face before returning her gaze back to the teacher at the front. The silverette knew that face meant "we'll talk about this once we're at home." Zero sighed and buried his face into his arm once again, beginning to doze off.

Kaname, let go of Zero's hand to place his own on the other's hip. The silverette's breath hitched in anticipation and his cheeks blush a ripe red.

The brunette leaned more into the silverette' space. His breath tickling the other's pale neck.

"Don't be afraid, beloved. I will treat you well."

Zero closed his eyes in anguish and only hoped he could forget.

Forgetting was never easy, though.

•*•

Kaname gasped awake at the memory, sweat drops accumulating on his forehead and palms.  The brunette instantly shut his eyes from the pain he was greeted with via the sunlight through his window. Eyes squinting in pain and head fuzzy in desire, the pureblood slowly shuffled from the bed's sheets to sit his bed's edge.

The brunette looked into his sweaty palm felt himself beginning to get frustrated. Why did he keep torturing himself with the events of his heat? It was a mistake to share it with a level D - a level D that was slowly turning into a level E, nonetheless. This was never part of his plan.