Chapter one - Ugh, it's Corn Ass

"Birdie! Birdie Williams!" The teacher called.
"Oh, uh here!" I yelled back. Ugh. I hated Miss. Cornaso, so by best friend Tiana and I call her Corn Ass.
"Ok everybody, I know it's sixth period. On a Friday. But, that does not mean we can slack off! I'm looking at Birdie and Tiana. If you don't stop talking, I will have to move you to the front!" Corn Ass yelled.
"Sorry Miss!" Tiana and I replied together.
"Good. Now turn to page 387 of your textbook-"

The rest of the lesson was boring, so I tuned out and doodled on my worksheet. When the bell rang, the teacher didn't even have time to dismiss us before everyone was out of the classroom. Tiana stopped me while we were grabbing our bags.
"Birdie, are you going to Levi's party?" Tiana asked.
I rolled my eyes. "He's my boyfriend, Tiana, of course I'm going to his party!"
"Good. I'll see you there!" Tiana yelled over her shoulder as she was walking away.
"Toodles!" I said and blew a fake kiss at her. We both laughed and laughed and we walked to our cars.

...

"And where do you think you're going, missy?" My mom asked. Shit. Now the Hell-Beast was on to me.
"It's Levi's eighteenth, Mom. He's my boyfriend. I'm going to his party. Jesus." I replied. She just rolled her eyes.
"Ugh fine. At least put on a jacket. It's freezing out there and you look like you're competing in a hoe-down." Mum said, eyeing my outfit in disgust. I grabbed my jacket off the table and said bye, then hopped in my car. I turned on the radio and put my favourite CD on, Melanie Martinez's Crybaby. I turned it to track 13, Mad Hatter. My favourite song. Of. All. Time. Then started singing along.

"My friends don't walk they run"
"Skinny dip in rabbit holes for fun,"
"Popping, Popping! Balloons with guns,"
"Getting high off helium"

"We paint white roses red,"
"Each shade from a different person's head,"
"This dream, dream is a killer,"
"Getting drunk with a blue caterpillar."

"I'm peeling, the skin off my fa-a-ace,"
"Cuz' I really, hate feeling sa-a-fe,"
"The normals they make me afra-a-aid,"
"The crazies, they make me feel sane."

"I'm nuts, baby, I'm mad,"
"The craziest friend that you've ever had,"
"You think I'm psycho, you think I'm gone,"
"Tell the psychiatrist something is wrong,"
"Over the bend, entirely bonkers,"
"You like me best when I'm off my rocker,"
"Tell you a secret, I'm not alarmed,"
"So what if I'm crazy? The best people are,"
"All the best people are crazy, all the bes-"

That's when the van hit the side of my car,

and it all went white.