|Chapter 7

A/N - Hey guys!! So I dedicated this part to the awesome fellow wattpader @slvblussxm who sent me this absolutely beautiful fan cover art for Coveted!! I love it! I love it! I know I said this before but I love it! Thank you so much!!

|Chapter 7

What the hell did he see?!

Did that even matter now? He saw something! I stood completely frozen in the middle of the room, my brain coming to a halt as I felt the droplets of water dry off from my shoulders every minute that passed.

I need to get out of here!

A few moments later and Jeremy knocked on the door letting me know Regan was ready to go. Me on the other hand? I was still dressed in my towel staring wide eyed at the ground. The embarrassment was pumping through me. They probably all knew by now! How was I supposed to look at them without turning into a tomato?!

Finally forcing my legs towards the bed, I reached out for the grey top neatly folded by a pair of overly large blue jeans and a black belt that I'm guessing Regan had left behind. To say I was lost in the sea of denim and cotton was an understatement but after tucking in the seemingless bland top and yanking the belt as tightly as possible, I managed to keep it all from slipping down my legs with a single step. The final image? A slab of bunched up material. Whatever he saw definitely cannot be as sexy as this!

But this could be it, this could be my chance to get out of here! When he's not looking . . . I could escape-

Since when were you ever kidnapped? Just go. Right out the front door.

Whilst that was completely true they hadn't exactly shown me the front door the first time I asked to leave. But then what? Where do I go? The whole situation was still too much to swallow. They'd proven beyond a doubt they're not crazy but I'm still here thinking there's a chance this is all just some crazy nightmare . . . Nightmare with perks that is.

No. This was it. When I have the chance, I'll take my shot and . . . And go to Paula! She'll know exactly what to do.

Giving myself a few more seconds, I tried to towel dry my hair as much as possible but after noticing how much more frizzy it was becoming I gave up. I hurried down the stairs trying to keep my knees from buckling against each other and sending me right down to the bottom step. Regan was leaning against the small marble table near the stairs, his phone flipped up to his ear as he mumbled a response and shut it, his green orbs finding my eyes immediately. My cheeks burned under the dull glow of the chandelier, a few curly strands of hair fortunately fell across my face and I made no attempt to correct it as I finally reached him.

"Are you ready?" He asked, nodding I took a small step to the side waiting for him to lead us out when a tight fist formed in my chest, my stomach flipping around as he walked towards the front door. His words settled over my mind again and I had to gulp down the strange mix of fear and excitement before following him to the black cab waiting just to the side of the mansion.

He didn't say anything else after giving the cab driver the address, instead he focused his eyes out the window at the blurred trees racing past us. Even with the radio playing from the front, I could feel the electric silence between us build. My legs instinctively tensing as I tried keeping my breathing clam but not knowing was too much. Feeling so embarrassed and not even knowing what the hell he saw was straining my mind way too much. All this tension and I don't even know why!

"What did you see?" I finally forced, my voice cracking as I licked my dry lips wishing I had kept my mouth shut the minute it opened.

"Patience is a virtue." He replied, his eyes still focused on the sites outside the window but I could make out the corner of his lips tugging upwards.