|Chapter 18

"Jeremy!" I yelled jumping to my feet. He followed quickly, his eyes panicked.

"I'm sorry! I'm the youngest they bullied me!"  Footsteps sounded coming closer until that same tense voice boomed from the walls. My eyes slowly turned to meet his, my skin already buzzing with emotions threatening to devour me as those dark whiskey brown eyes held mine.

"Ian . . ."

|Chapter 18

"You can leave now." He announced, his voice low and his eyes still locked on me. I could feel Jeremy's eyes flutter from Ian to me a few times before letting out a shaky breath.

"And that's what I get for helping your sorry ass out with your stupid love life." He muttered under his breath disappearing from the living room. A few seconds later the front door opened and closed signaling we were alone.

The minute he pushed himself from the entrance of the living room door and took a step in, I took a step back. My heart already hammering away, I didn't know how much closer he could get without triggering a whole earth shattering catacombs of emotions. Just being this close was enough of a trigger and to be honest . . . I wasn't sure how much he could take. Back at the prison . . . well it had done a number on him already.

Clearing his throat, his hands dropped into the pockets of his baggy grey tracksuits. "I'm sorry . . . for before." he forced out, his voice tight like it was taking everything in him to say those words.

"You didn't say anything that wasn't true. I screwed up you guys life-"

"That doesn't excuse the things I said. I've never been in that position, it wasn't right to say anything about it or about you. I'm sorry." My eyes had widened, his own falling to the ground as the words settled over me.

"You really don't have to apologise-"

"Can you just take the apology?" He snapped, his eyes twitching into slits as I felt the air turn hotter, nipping away at my skin as I sucked in a breath feeling my nerves start to get the hell ticked off. It was like the sudden change in the air was like a switch triggering any emotion Ian let slip in.

"Can you let me finish a sentence?" I shot back, my arms crossing my chest. "Its not like I came here to be stuck in another argument with you."

"Argument? Are you serious?! I'm trying to-"

"In all fairness to him, he never apologises. It would be wise to take it," Regan's voice had me jumping a little, my eyes running from Ian to Regan now standing behind him in the door way. With a grin slapped across his face and his green eyes shimmering under the yellow glow of the light had any if not all words vacuumed right out of me.  Really? Both of them? How was this even fair right now!

None of us spoke, my lips parting with a groan escaping from my throat as I fell onto the couch covering my eyes with my hands.

"What exactly am I supposed to say?" I snapped, my voice a weakened cry as I looked from Regan to Ian desperately. "Or even do! One second you," I said pointing my eyes directly at Ian, "are telling me to get lost. Leave you lot alone and shit with your powers recking havoc on you mainly because of me and then you," I said now staring at Regan, his lips upturned into a small grin. "You keep telling me all these cryptic messages and then to all 'ah-I'm-dying-paled-skin-shit' so what the hell am I supposed to do? I've tried staying away, I was doing real good at it and then you . . . Then you two keep showing up and pushing me right back to the start. I'm trying to save you and you won't let me."

Throwing myself back into the couch, I let my shoulders slump, my eyes falling closed with hands out stretched next to me.

I could hear faint footsteps coming closer, a shadow cast over behind my eyelids. "You wanna know what to do?" Slowly my lids peeled open, my eyes moving up the baggy tracksuits to the pair of whiskey eyes always intensely drinking me in. He leaned down lower until his lips hovered over mine sending hot waves of fire to wash over every inch of my skin, his hands latching to the of the couch either side of my face. "Stop saving us and just have us. . . It's not like we don't want it."