The Special Stuffed Animal

"Bus driver! Rick is throwing pop tarts at us!" I heard a girl yell from the back of the bus.

        I watched as the bus driver, Ms.Barr, put that thing that the bus drivers talk into and push down on the button that was on the side.

        "Rick Wisenheimer. I want you to come sit in the front of the bus." She said throwing the device that was connected to the speakers making the pop music pause while she held down the button. "Now."

        I could hear the boy coming this way and pause right next to the seat I was in.

        "Right here?" I heard a deep voice say and I looked at the person.

        He was a couple inches taller than me and had black hair that was spiked. He wore a red sweatshirt and ripped up blue jeans.

        "Yes." She said glaring at the road.

        I felt the seat cave in on the left of me and I heard him cough.

        "What's their name?" He asked pointing to my stuffed Grover and I looked at him startled.

        "His name is Grover." I thought of what his name was. "Rick."

        "Well, Grover looks like a great stuffed animal." He stated a I smiled widely at him.

        "He is. Grover is the greatest stuffed animal ever. He's even in a show. That's how awesome he is." I said proudly and a smile slipped its way onto his face.

        "You know, I have a stuffed animal in my room named Gonzo. I think he is the greatest thing ever created. When I got him, I was just three years old and I have kept him ever sense. That makes him 5 years old." The boy informed me happily.

        "Wow! Gonzo is as old as mine!" I exclaimed in excitement.

        "You want me to bring him tomorrow? I bet he would be glad to meet Grover."

        "Really!"

        "Sure." He responded with.

        "Yay!"

        The bus suddenly hit a huge bump while turning a corner and I was thrown into Rick's body. Instinctively, he wrapped his arms around me, so I wouldn't fall out of the seat. Helping me sit up, he looked me over carefully.

        "Are you okay?" He questioned in concern and I nodded.

        "Yes."

        Blushing at our close proximity, I scooted over to the widow.

        "Thanks for catching me." I said, looking out the window and then at my hands.

        "Your welcome. By the way, what's your name?"

        Lifting my head up, I gazed at him.

        "I'm Rebecca Scarlet and I'm in first grade. What about you?"

        "Same! What's your teacher's name?" He asked, slightly jumping up and down in our seat.

        "Ms. Agnisida." I replied with.

        "Oh my gosh! That's my teacher too!"

        "I didn't see you yesterday." I stated, trying to figure out if I just forgot about him.

        "Oh. I was still getting back from summer vacation. We went to London and watched one of the basketball games. When I grow up, I'm going to be a basketball star who plays for a London team." Rick stated proudly hitting his chest with his right fist.

        "Wow. I bet you'll be great at it."

        "I will and I will totally be the best one in the entire British nation." He said, nodding to himself.

        "I can't wait to see you play on tv." I commented and he smiled with glee.

        The bus pulled to a stop and the doors swung open letting us all off.

        "Well I guess this means we have to go." Rick observed watching all the people getting off the bus. "Want to walk with me to class?"

        "Sure!"

        Hopping up, I took Rick's outstretched hand and walked out of the bus with Rick right at my side.