Epilogue

So it was after the plane journey when Payton Kerr first stepped onto foreign land. She had lived and almost took refuge inside of Leo's Greek villa. After the holiday Leo returned back with Payton to Britain, where arrangements were officially made. Payton decided that she wanted to start her future abroad. She always wanted to live abroad; she felt she was destined to much better soil. Her grandmother, Granny El, wept like a child for the first time in decades the day Payton left her. But, it was two months after Payton had settled with her father in the villa, when someone knocked on their door. And there, holding onto her lily-livered suitcase and umbrella – in Greece! – was Elise Kerr. That evening a tree was planted in their garden in memory of Alice and Michael Kerr and also Ruby Anderson. For if it wasn't for them neither of them would be standing where they stood that day.

And so then Elise moved in with Leo and Payton, along with Payton's pet Labrador Sam. It has now been nine years since the move. The tree still remains to grow to this very day, and every Sunday at the end of each month Leo, Payton, Sam, Elise and sometimes even Sandra – who had grown to care for Leo very much – take dinner on the terrace overlooking the oak tree.

There is sometimes even the odd occasion when Mr and Mrs. Radcliffe come over for a visit. Kat had finally signed the divorce papers after suffering a minor-stroke two weeks prior to the court-case. Eventually Kat died of a heart-attack a year or so later; thus her only child Amy moved in with her father and step-mother, who now, to this day also, remain in sunny Britain; they now await for the arrival of their first grandchild.

As for those creatures Paul and Adam. Well, firstly, Paul Stewart was hanged three years into his sentence, after being tortured for such beastly convictions. Secondly it was rumoured that Adam Sun was let out of the asylum after many years but had several difficulties remembering his past. Adam latter lived a life of blindness and misery, forever alone lost in the darkness. And there's nothing worse than living a dead life. So, reader, do not mourn for Ruby but mourn for Adam and pity those who ever ill-treat you in life, for every one of us on this earth will one day get our comeuppance: it's only a matter of which of us in life were moral and which of us weren't...