Grief

"No," Viktor whispered. Yuuri was lying in the middle of the street. Paramedics were surrounding him, some talking to a white-faced, shivering man, while others were doing....something to Yuuri.

     "NO! YUURI!" Viktor ran over, pushing a paramedic out of his way as he ran over to the person he cared about most in the world. As he ran over to the person he was supposed to propose to. As he ran over to the person he loved.

     Crying, he fell to his knees beside Yurri. He leaned over Yuuri, "Yuuri, please wake up. Please wake up Yuuri. I need to tell you something!"

     Yuuri's eyes fluttered, he wasn't quite dead. He was on the brink of death. There was no hope to save him though. He had internal bleeding inside his brain. It was a matter of time before he died.

     "V-v-iktor," Yuuri weakly spoke. It wasn't much, but Viktor felt a surge of happiness to be able to talk to his true love once more, "V-iktor. I'm s-s-or-ry."

     Viktor wept, "Yuuri don't apologize, you did nothing wrong." He caressed Yuuri's cheek with his thumb, "I should have proposed sooner." He pulled the ring out of his pocket "Will you m-marry me?" Overcome with grief, Viktor burst into sobs.

     The paramedic behind him let out a loud sniffle. She was crying too. All the paramedics had seen Viktor. Most were misty-eyed.

     Yuuri weakly took a breath, mustering up as much strength as he could, "Yes, Viktor. I love you."

     He took a shaky breath, his last, and he went limp.

     Viktor cried out in grief, loss, despair, anguish, desperation. But most of all, love.