Chapter Thirty-Three: Adira

While the two were busy talking, I made my way over to Theo.

Using my bound hands, I moved his head onto my lap, and stroked his hair, "Theo, why did you come after me?" I whispered, although I already knew the answer.

His shoulder was bleeding profusely, and I felt utterly helpless, knowing that there was nothing I could do.

Suddenly, I noticed the looks of the two captors, and I glared at them.

"I don't know anything about a ring," I spat at them, frustrated and angry.

They were silent as stone, which made me more uneasy.

The girl strode over and suddenly grabbed me, pulling me away from Theo.

"Let me go!" I yelled, and pulled away.

The man pulled Theo to the opposite corner of the cave, very much out of my reach, and bound his hands behind him as well.

The girl let go of me, and walked back a few paces, "And don't try to get to him." She added mockingly, "Or he'll wake up in a lot more pain." Almost casually, she dropped a hand to the hilt of her dagger.

I felt like crying, but held it in. Now was not the time to show weakness, especially in front of these vermin.

For several minutes no one moved. Everything was silent as the grave, and I found myself wondering about my father. Was he sending anyone to look for us? Or had he just given up and adopted an heir?

I shook my head to clear those thoughts. They didn't matter right now.

Finally, Theo stirred and gave a low moan as the pain washed over him.

"Our lover has woken up." The girl commented, still with a mocking tone.

Theo ignored her, and opened his eyes. He looked around and when he saw me, his eyes filled with concern.

"Time to get the info." The girl slid her dagger smoothly out of her sheath, "As a soldier, I'm sure you can take pain quite well. But," she paused striding over to me, "Can you take her pain?"

My breath quickened involuntarily, and I strove to steady it.

Be strong.

Aw snapdragons! D: Vote if ya'll like it. And if ya don't like it, well, don't vote. ;)

Adira - Evara