Chapter 1: Entrance

Thud. Thud. Thud.

The sound of my own heart beat reveberated in my ears as my throat constricted and my knees felt weak.

Thud. Thud. Thud.

Thousands of people surrounded me, but did not pay any attention to me and my whereabouts. They were preoccupied with their own destinations. But that was the problem.

I was at my destination.

I wanted to run away, to turn and flee the scene, to rethink my thoughts of joining the entertainment industry. I suddenly felt so unsure of myself, so chaotic in mind and spirit. Why did I choose this path?

I peered down at the contents of my right hand, a word of encouragement from my mother; as I had prepared to leave the house, she had tucked the folded piece of ivory white in my palm. I had wanted to ask her what she had written, but I became more concerned in my travels than her letter. So now I opened it.

Chaeyoung, my dearest daughter. I do not know when you'll be reading this, or even if you will be reading this at all, but I want to let you know how much I support and I love you. It doesn't matter how popular you are, or how famous you become. You are my daughter. You are my life-everlasting love. Do not let anything hinder you from achieving your dreams. Chaeyoung, I love you.

Love,

Mother.

I looked around quickly to ensure nobody saw me sweep a hand over my face to wipe a tear that had run down my nose, but thankfully I was alone. I stuffed the note in my pocket, straightened my back and smiled. "Thank you, Mother." Reaching forward, I gripped the door handle, and took a deep breath.

This was the start of my journey. 

(A/N - Hi guys! If you're new to this story, welcome! Just wanted to let yo know that I am so gratified this story has been a good success on WP. 1.8k+ views!? Holy smokes! Feel free to comment on any part of the story! I LOVE reading comments, and it helps improve my writing, too. :) Thanks.)