Part 28

Church of Satan Frequently Asked Questions

Antechamber to "Frequently Asked Questions"
This document will continue to be updated as specific questions arise which need to be addressed. The answers here are often brief and can be explored more thoroughly if you take the time to read through the rest of our official web site—www.churchofsatan.com—and books such as and other works by Anton Szandor LaVey as well as by Peter H. Gilmore.

At times we will point you directly to essays on our web site as you should read the information published there on that topic.

The questions and their answers have been organized into broad sections listed below. You can either proceed directly to a section to see if your question is there, or you may use the search function on this site to zero-in more quickly.

Reading the entire FAQ will provide you with a great deal of information about Satanism and the Church of Satan.

Do not e-mail us with questions before you have spent time reading through this FAQ as we will direct you to go back and read it.

F.A.Q. Internet PresenceWHERE IS THE CHURCH OF SATAN ON THE INTERNET?

Official Web Site:

Official Church of Satan News Page:

Church of Satan Official Facebook Page:

Church of Satan on Twitter:

Church of Satan on Vimeo:

Church of Satan on YouTube:

Church of Satan on Google+:

Unofficial Facebook Group for the Church of Satan:

F.A.Q. Research: Press and StudentI WANT TO ENGAGE IN A DIALOGUE WITH A REPRESENTATIVE OF THE CHURCH OF SATAN TO LEARN ABOUT IT. HOW DO I DO THAT?

The official website of the Church of Satan () has been established to provide you with all of the publicly available free material which we currently have to offer. We do not send any additional information via postal mail or e-mail.

If this site does not fully satisfy your curiosity, then you may begin to order the literature, and ordering methods are detailed on the Source Sheet page.

We suggest that you begin with the books by our founder, Anton Szandor LaVey, starting with . This and his other writings, will answer your questions. It is illegal to transmit these copyrighted works electronically, so they must be purchased. Next, read by our current High Priest Peter H. Gilmore as it explains a great deal about how our organization functions. The works of Blanche Barton will also give you food for thought, and many of our members have written books which you might enjoy, some of which are listed on our .

Our members and officials will not serve as teachers nor as entertainers—we have neither the time nor the inclination.

If you want to have some exchange with a Satanist, visit the message board "." Here you will find a stratified environment including Church of Satan members and officials.

I AM A STUDENT (OR REPORTER) DOING RESEARCH ON THE CHURCH OF SATAN. HOW DO I GET TO VISIT YOU AND SEE ONE OF YOUR RITUALS?

The Church of Satan does not have regular services, nor do we have church buildings for gathering people. Since our approach is individualist, our members who use ritual do so in chambers they construct in their own homes reflecting their own tastes and needs. These are not open to visitation.

If you want to understand Satanic Ritual, read and by Anton Szandor LaVey and also by Peter H. Gilmore.

If you want to see authentic Satanic Rituals, you can purchase and view Satanis: The Devil's Mass, a documentary done in 1968, or you can see the footage from our .