Happy Birthday! - Delon Wright x Norman Powell

Published April 26, 2017

other important characters:

Demar DeRozan and Kyle Lowry

Just something quick for Delon's birthday cause it's today!

°
°

Delon's POV

I woke up to complete silence. Satisfying, very, but odd.

Usually there's always some commotion goin on downstairs, or Kyle and Demar are always horsing around.

Most cases, Norm shakes me awake and-- where is Norm? He should be in the bed next to mine.

_uck it, I don't wanna hear his loud _ss around me anyway.

I sat up from the covers and yawned, stretching my limbs and rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

Oh yeah, it's my birthday.

I jumped up out the bed, turned on some birthday music, and Milly Rocked to it. I chuckled and gathered my shower components and toothbrush and headed to the bathroom.

Norm's POV

I was sitting down on the couch after having completed 2 hours worth of helping decorate the living room and downstairs kitchen for Delon's birthday. We did pretty good. Kyle and Demar had told the rest of the team that they would do the finishing touches and that we could relax.

Patrick and Demarre plopped down next to me and engaged in conversation with me. "Young blood'll be sure to like this", Demarre said. I nodded. "Yeah, we all know he appreciate ya, though he don't never show it", Demar stated, walking in the room with Kyle. I rolled my eyes.

Delon's POV

I put on my clothes I had picked out for today's occasion. A red t-shirt that had 'birthday _igga' in black on it, some joggers, some red Adidas shoes, and my Utah hoodie from college.

I made my way downstairs, still kinda-sorta maybe-a-lot cautious of the consistent silence. I turned the corner into the living room and--

"Happy birthday, Delon!!!", everyone yelled! Kyle, of course, blew into 2 party blowers at once, all up in my face. I shielded him away, but I still laughed and smiled.

I arm-hugged all my teammates and Coach Casey, who greeted me with their own ways of saying happy birthday. As I hugged my coach, I observed the party decorations that excited the rooms. "Y'all did pretty good", I said as I let go of coach. "Thanks, man. It was all me", Kyle said putting his hands on his chest like he was right. "I'll believe that the day pigs fly", I said. "Haha, told you he ain't stupid", Demar spat to Kyle. "When you told me that?", he asked him, cutting his eyes and smirking at him. The team chuckled at their bickering.
I smiled as well and shook my head.

"I thought y'all were gone, it was so _amn quiet up in here." "Nah, man, I can be silent when I need to be--" "Kyle, shut up, no you can't", Demar said. "You shut up", Kyle retaliated. "No, you shut up." "You shut up." "You shut up." "You shut up." "You shu--" I toned them out as Norm walked up to me.

" "You shu--" I toned them out as Norm walked up to me

Mm excuse me?

"Excuse me? I ain't kissin his _ss", I said crossing my arms over my chest. "You know good and _amn well I ain't kissin this _igga. He a cheater. He got Patt and Ryan Boatright on his list", I said disgusted. "Hey", Patrick Patterson said, faking looking insulted. Norm rolled his eyes at me.

"I really can't take yo _ss no more, little boy."

"Little boy?! I'm the one who 25 _amn years old today. You is 23. You is barely a man."

"Come on, y'all!" Kyle settled down the outburst. "Norm, do it for him. It's his birthday, and besides, we know ya want to."

Norm and I both huffed and he gave me a quick peck on the lips. "Uh-uh, y'all can do better than that." Kyle said. Demar ushered us on.

We both slowly walked up to each other and kissed for maybe 3 seconds before we both relaxed into it. It was sweet and soft, and we just held each other lightly.

We pulled away with a quiet pop of the lips, still holding each other. Norm admired my lips for a mere second before he gazed up into my eyes, smiling warmly. I stared back up into his, smiling too.

Only then did we hear Kyle whooping and hollering, and Demar was clapping loudly and excessively, while the rest of the team was just clapping like normal, actual, civilized people. Coach Casey whispered "Bout time".

We turned our heads and rolled our eyes at everybody. I put my forehead against his. Best birthday yet!

Happy 25th birthday! 🎉🎁🎊🎈

I figured I had to do this because it's his birthday, I like Delony a lot (that's my nickname for him), and I ship these two hard!

That picture was edited by me on Instagram.

Getcha selves some popcorn for next time and be intrigued!