The Sparkle In His Eyes - Jamal Murray x Isaiah Briscoe

Published May 6, 2017

other important character:

Tyler Ulis (Kentucky player)

This is another one Kayden and I made together.
°
°

Isaiah's POV

I peered into the gym from around the corner. It's media day and the midget Tyler was doing his interview.

He said something apparently hilarious because all the reporters laughed and then he did his big, cheesy sh*t-eating grin that makes him look even more like a little mischievous kid than he already resembled. I choked on a laugh; it was too funny when he does that.

While other teammates were wrapped up doing interviews, the ones that weren't were just shooting and practicing on tactics they needed to improve.

Jamal stopped shooting and jogged over to Tyler, then he sat down in the chair next to him. He shoved him jokingly. "Move, man!" Tyler said pushing him back. "Come on, man. Share the light!" Jamal said brushing his shoulder against him. I decided to join in on this bullying and sat down in the other chair next to him.

"Man, don't y'all see me doin an interview?" he said, side-eyeing me, not in a mean way though. I looked across Tyler to a wicked-faced Jamal, and then as if reading each other's minds, we both crushed Tyler into each other's bodies. Tyler swatted around like a fish out of water, and it was too adorable how little and fragile he looked.

Eventually, he pried us apart and hopped up and out of there, saying he was done with us. "Good. Bye Felicia", I called after the shorty before he sucked his teeth and walked out of there.

"F_cking freshman, taking advantage of me and my f___ing height, I ought to pop a cap in their *sses...." , I heard him mumble. After he turned the corner, the two of us burst out laughing, me with my rambunctious, nerdy, high-pitched laugh, and Jamal with his mouth all wide and showing his white teeth and cute smile that lit up his eyes. The interviewers laughed too.

"Well. I suppose that since Tyler is gone and fed up with you guys, we can now interview you two", they said. "Yep! Suppose so!" I said still laughing I wiped my tears away and adjusted my glasses. Jamal was still smiling brightly.

I spotted a young girl behind the cameras, looked to be maybe 22, lookin fine as h*ll, so of course I leaned forward in my seat and introduced myself to her, pulling my glasses down to the bridge of my nose and winking at her, then I gave her an air smooch. She rolled her eyes and the reporters whispered something along the lines of "young and dumb".

Jamal slapped me on my arm. "Isaiah!", he yelled. "Ouch! WHAAATT???", I asked, shrugging. Jamal sighed loudly.

"Here with two of the new Kentucky recruits Jamal Murray and Isaiah Briscoe! So tell us, what made you two want to come to Kentucky?"