Chapter 4

I looked at the computer screen as replies for our video flooded in. Natalie was taking a shower, so I was alone in her room answering questions when I got a tweet from Ellen.

“@TheEllenShow: @GetTheHoranHug Question. What are you doing next Saturday?”

I screamed loudly just as Natalie walked into the bedroom in shorts and a tank top. “What?” She asked, brushing through her hair with her fingers.

“What are we doing next Saturday?” I asked.

“Dude. I don’t know, that’s a week from this Saturday. That’s 9 days further ahead than I’m thinking.” I laughed when I did the math that implied she didn’t think past today, Thursday.

“Mark your calendar, love. Ellen wants to know what we’re doing next Saturday.” Natalie screamed louder than I did, before running into her mom’s bedroom to let her know the schedule had to be cleared.

“@GetTheHoranHug: @TheEllenShow Answer: Nothing if that’s what you need. Question: Why? -A xx(:”

I called my mom and let her know we might need to plan a trip to the mall on Saturday, and a trip to the Ellen studio the next Saturday. She was surprisingly cool with it.

“@TheEllenShow: @GetTheHoranHug: DM me your address. We’re sending two tickets to our show on Saturday. Hotel and flight paid in full!”

I yelled for Natalie to get back in here! “Look! What address do we send her?” I yelled, jumping up and down.

“Send her mine. It’s closer to civilization than yours!” Natalie said excitedly.

“We need to do a surprise twit cam. Now!” I said, pulling up the stuff to do it. Natalie sighed before sitting down on the bed beside me. I quickly DM’ed Natalie’s address to Ellen, and then pulled up our twit cam.

“Great news guys!” Natalie yelled into the camera.

“We’re going to The Ellen Show next Saturday!” I yelled.

“That is all! School tomorrow, got to get some shut eye!” Natalie yelled, and quickly ended the call.

“Well, you’re no fun.” I huffed.

“You still need to take a shower, and we need to eat. We have to go to bed at a decent hour. Am I staying over tomorrow, then?” She rambled. I could tell she was incredibly excited.

“Yeah, I already got my mom to say okay to shopping this Saturday for next Saturday. We only have nine days to prepare for this. I’m thinking floral shirt, and a new pair of skinny jeans? Maybe some cute black boots to finish it off?” I said, already looking online for some cute outfit ideas.

“I’m cool with whatever you wear. But you’re taking a shower first.” Natalie said, pulling the computer out of my hands.

“You really are no fun.” I huffed, grabbing my pajamas and pretending to stomp out of the bedroom.

When I came back Natalie was on the computer. “What do you think about this?” She turned the computer around to show a short floral dress. It was black with purple roses all over it, and the back tied into an ‘X.’ It was bare to the small of your back other than that. It was showy, but not so much that I’d look like a slut. She had it paired with strappy sandles.

“That is gorgeous. But not you, so I’m thinking it’s for me? What do you have picked out for yourself?” I asked enthusiastically. I sat down beside her. I was expecting something bright and out there, such is Natalie. She laughed quietly.

“No. This is definitely not for me. That’s for you. This is for me.” She pulled up a bright pink strapless dress that went to your knee. It was tight on top but flowed out right below the bust line. It was simple and paired with neon green flats.

“Well, even though it isn’t what I would have picked out at all. I love it! You’ll look stunning.” I said, already moving on to hair in my head.

“Do you think I should curl it?” I asked, motioning to my hair.

“No, I’d definitely straighten it. It looks longer that way!” Natalie said. We both hated me for cutting it over the summer.

“Alright, are you going to leave yours curly?” I asked, motioning to her already curly hair.

“Yes ma’am!” She said, laughing. We continued to plan clothing and accessories, falling asleep around ten.

Author's Note:

    Sorry this wasn't more exciting. It will get there, I just need some backstory! Loves, I appreciate you reading this. SO much.

    Vote, comment, share, and fan, if you would like?(:

    As always:

    Follow on Twitter:

    Alexis: @1DerfulMeee

    Natalie: @nataliedawnb

    Operation Get The Horan Hug: @GetTheHoranHug

    Love you all! xx