The Miracle of Life

Queen Anne smiled at her little son. After four years she finally gifted Henry with the son he needed, but Henry wasn't in court. Instead of being at St.James Palace, the King was attending to his sick mistress at her family home, Wolfhall. Jane came down with a fever during their hunting journey three day prior, they've been since. "How can something so pure be the product of something so unpure?" Anne questioned herself as she gazed into her son's eyes. 

           Margaret did not answer the question, not able to come up proper response. The entire court was celebrating as the bells rang throughout the kingdom. Jane Seymour made Henry appear bewitched in the eyes of the people. After their King ignored his wife for months because of their lack of an heir, once Queen Anne finally has given him one he fails to meet the new prince. With King Henry absent and Anne bedridden, Charles Brandon ran the court feasts in honor if the nameless prince.

        "Perhaps I shall name him without his father's help?" Anne wondered, only for Margaret and Elizabeth of York to agree. "He won't be here until the next morrow he writes. He asks nothing of your health or the prince's. If he wishes not to sow compassion so shall you," Margaret commanded. "In that case, my son will be called Arthur Tudor in honor of his late uncle," Anne announced, knowing the consequences of her decree. "Are you sure you want to honor his uncle over the child's father? Henry won't be pleased with your decision," Elizabeth assumed. "I do not care if the King fancied his own name over his brother's. If he cared about the name of his heir he would be here to name him. My son is Prince Arthur Tudor of Wales, second of his name," Anne repeated. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The audacity of Anne, shocked Henry. Charles just sent out word that his new son name was to Arthur Tudor, after the late King. "That woman must have a death wish to bring my brother into this. She might be jealous, but that is my son, how dare she name him without me present," Henry ranted. Jane groaned, "One day my love, all I ask for is one day without you rambling on about your wife. You speak of her so much it makes me question whether you are true to your word. You say you don't love her as you love me, yet she pushes your buttons as only a lover could," Jane observed only to regret the words as soon as they left her mouth. 

             "You are right Jane. I love her more than you, because she does what no other woman can. You must remember your place in my heart will always be below her. If you ask me to choose again, I will choose her and it'll be for good," Henry warned his mistress. Women always try to steal Anne's place in his bed, Jane was the only one who could hold him for such a time. She use to be easy to control, but Jane knew her power as the King's official mistress, but she didn't know the limitations. "I am sorry Henry. I just hate sharing you with such a evil creature, every brat that she gives birth to only ensnares you longer to your union to her," Jane replied. 

             "That's it! You are no longer my mistress Jane Seymour from now on you will only address me as your Majesty. As for my children and my wife, they are above you in every manner and you will never speak such words again about them. As of now your family is banished from court, stripped of all titles and lands and will remain at Wolfhall until I say otherwise. If I hear of this again, I will not be as merciful," Henry ordered as he left Jane's presence. Jane's family said nothing as the King rushed out of Wolfhall, leaving Jane Seymour in disgrace and her family with burning hatred for her ignorance.