Causes of War

The Spanish marched on their lands. The French marched on their lands. The Scottish marched on their lands. The German marched on their lands. The English stood though it all. But nothing could prepare them for the barbarians that marched on their lands. They were vikings were their own kind of weapons, language, and acts of war. They took slaves, raped women and killed children. Anne feared for her husbands life as he left to war. She feared for her children's lives. While her son and youngest daughter remained by her side, Elizabeth lived in France. At least, she was safe if anything were to happen. They already had her dowry and Lizzie, like her mother, adored the french soil. Maybe if Anne herself died she could ship her children off safely to France. They'd be with their eldest sister, safe and sound until her Prince Arthur could take his throne with a regent at his side. Anne thought about how things would end up if they lost. 

Three weeks Henry had been gone and no message had been sent. The English people sought after their Queen in their time of concern. If their king was dead, they wanted the Prince to be crowned before war could breakout. Surely, it was understandable that they had doubts about Henry's survival. The opposing side was unknown to the ways and culture of Englishmen. They know nothing about the way vikings from around Europe worked. Pure barbarians was a clear determination. After hearing about the chaos they left in the wake after sacking small towns, Anne worried about the damage they'd choose to make to her large kingdom. 

From burning down the school houses to stealing her children away and murdering them in front of her eyes. She imagined herself plastered to a bed and forced to take it as each man took turns on top of her. Instincts they seemed to enjoy utilizing when they take control. Maybe her children would be lucky and survive to become slaves. she rather they live, have a chance to live. Her mind flowed very little from different topics as she wanted to hope for the best, but expect the worst. If she died, she wished to be ready. To tell her children she loved them, to see her husbands dead body and to be at peace knowing they'll see each other again very soon.

As her own death dawned upon her trumpets sounded out. The King returned, but not alone with his own army- no. King Henry rode by the side of his enemy. For the first ever he had went to battle only to bring the enemy home smiling and laughing with what appeared to be their leader. Henry conspired with the savages he promised he'd tear apart when given the chance. And well here was the chance, but there was no tearing. Instead he had made a new ally, a new companion. This would make for a funny story and complicated reasoning, Anne thought as she continued to watch the scene unfold before her eyes. A funny, complicated explanation indeed.