Almost there...

February 29th 2016, 10:00
It's leap day! I don't know why but I've always loved leap day. it's like an extra day that just makes me happier (I know, it's weird) but this specific leap day is going to be the best day of my entire life!! Anyway... If you're reading this, then you should probably know a few things about me...

• My name's Griffin Paris
• I'm 16 years old
• I have a brother called Elliot (we call him Elle though) who's 19 and a sister called Vanessa (Nessa) who's 18
• I have practically no friends at school
• I'm a bit of a geek to be honest
• I love music and movies
• I like everything in school except socialising basically.
• I'm awkward as hell

It all started when I decided to look up a band that was quite popular a few years ago called The Vamps. I started to quite like their music (by 'quite like' I mean literally having a playlist of ALL their songs on repeat in my room every single day, yeah, it's fair to say my mum doesn't like them that much by now!) and after that I started looking through fan pages on instagram, and vampettes seemed like such amazing and sweet people, so I decided to start chatting to a couple of them, and they seemed to actually be a tiny bit interested in me (god, I sound sad af) I was definitely interested in them, one I talked too was from near Sweden, but she spoke English. We became quite good friends after a bit of getting to know each other, and, to be honest I'm closer to her than anyone else in the world.

February 29th 2016, 12:00
I pull on my favourite outfit; jeans, a grey nasa t-shirt with a stripy top underneath and my white converses with my favourite necklace (it has a tiny acorn on it, and I bought it because on the packaging it said "from a tiny acorn may a great oak grow", I thought it was really cute :) also it reminds me of peter pan for some reason) and finally my favourite rainbow socks!!

I never told you why this is going to be the best day of my entire life, did I?! Well, here it is...

I'm meeting my best friend for the first time!

Yeah... I may have got a tiny bit too excited. But... It's just... I can't actually believe what I'm about to do... I'm meeting my bestest online friend for the first time in my life! WOOHOO! *squeals with joy and emotion*

February 29th 1:00
I'm meeting her at 1:15 at my favourite café on table 9.

"BYE MUM!" I shout, my hand on the door handle. "BYE! WAIT... WHAT?!" She runs down the stairs "honey, where are you going?" She asks. "I'm going to get lunch at Quincies" (that's the name of the cafe) "well, ok, but darling... I think you might need this!" She giggles and hands me my purse, "oh... Yeah, thanks mum, love you, bye!" I lunge for the door, and nearly manage to escape. "So, who are you going with?" Ah. That's exactly why I wanted to get out before she came downstairs. You see... my mum doesn't quite know that I message people from around the world, she thinks everyone that wants to talk on the internet is a 40-year old male rapist. "I'm just going by myself mum, and then I'll go for a walk down to the pier" she doesn't look convinced. "By yourself?" I nod. "Can you take Nessa with you? She needs to get some fresh air after slouching in her bed all day!" Great, just great "but mu-um!" I moan. "Honey, be nice." She says, giving me the death glare. "Ok, I'll ask her" I say, deciding to go up to my own room and pretend to ask Nessa. I run upstairs, wait about 20 seconds and then run back down again. "She doesn't want to come." I say. Mum runs up stairs, probably to shout at Nessa, this is my chance...