Chapter III

When All Else Fails,
           And Secrets Are Spilled,
                  Just Hug It Out
___________________________

     I wake up the next morning covered in sweat. I had had a bad dream. I dreamed that it was the zombie apocalypse, and it was just Carter and I, surviving all alone, but.....we were together, at least.

      He and I got cornered by zombies, and we were shooting them, but unfortunately, while they were crowding around us, Carter was bitten, and I had to nurse his wound or sit there and watch him turn into a man-eating monster.

And then I woke up.

   I looked all around me to make sure I'm alive and not surrounded by the undead. Good thing I'm not.

I quickly dial Carter's number.

He answers on the third ring.

"Hey," he sleepily.

"Oh, I'm sorry, did I wake you?"

"Yeah, kinda, but it's okay, because I need to get off my lazy ass anyway. After all, it is 9:00
o'clock in the morning. I got to go to the gym. It's Saturday."

"Oh, yeah, right the gym. Hey, can I catch a ride with you. I need to hit the treadmills."

"Yeah, sure. And you know where to find me. I'm right across the street."

"Okay, be there in fifteen. I love you, Carter."

"I love you too, Scar," He says before hanging up.

He's been calling me Scar on a regular basis now. I like hearing it from his perfect voice. In a weird way, it's kind of soothing.

I pull myself out from under the covers and yank open my closet door, realizing that I really need a change in wardrobe. I also really need to make friends with some more girls.

After I rifle through my clothes enough to find a black and purple pair of yoga pants and a purple tank top, I decide its fitting to go and work out in, and I am totally satisfied with my choice of clothing.

Quickly throwing my light brown hair up into a ponytail and applying some mascara to my eyelashes and strawberry lip gloss to my mouth, I look for my black and grey tennis shoes. After I find them, I decide my gun look is complete.

I take one last look in the mirror before running to the door, only to find Carter just about to knock, his hand hanging in the air after the door is pulled open. He realizes how silly he looks and instantly jerks his hand back and put it in his shorts pocket along with his other one.

I still manage to stifle a laugh, even though it's three minutes later, and we're driving down the road to the gym.

"Okay, okay, I get it, the look on my face was priceless," He smiles.

"I know but I just can't stop laughing! Oh my God, why didn't I take pictures. What is wrong with me!"

He laughs at my bitterness towards myself.

"Okay, we're here."

I haven't ever been to this gym before. But I do know that Carter works here. It's called Fitness & Beyond.

When we get inside, its like an exercise palace.

The walls are painted green, there is exercise equipment everywhere, and-

Holy fucking hell....

Every single guy in here is shirtless. Well, except for Carter. But I have a feeling that's about to change.