53 :: kakaotalk

I guess things happen for a reason, but how we react to these things are what determines our fate.  I never really thought about it.

His last message was simple. "I don't hate you," he said. And I believe him. There wasn't any reason for me to start pushing for fixing whatever friendship we had. It wasn't destiny for us to come together. It was coincidence bringing our paths to cross.

Now we were... perpendicular lines. (Though I hate to compare ourselves with that.) Our paths crossed once, and now we head our separate ways.

No bad blood. Just a lack of something that should have been important. I don't know what it was, and I didn't want to dwell on it. So, I sent one last message, a quick thank you. And that was it.

It seems impossible now to become as close as we used to be and, to be honest, whatever feelings there were had gone. There was no spark. A clean slate.

Of course, I write this two months later since I've received that message. It's taken me that long to come to this realization.

Yes, I may have been a bit immature to avoid him for so long. No, the secret didn't hurt as much as I made it out to be. Yes, I was stupid for letting him go.

But no, I don't regret it.

Because, if I were going to be honest, I missed him as a friend, and nothing more than that. There wasn't a could-have-been with him. I think I knew that from the start.

I just didn't want to accept it at first.

So, yeah. My mind is a bit jumbled. I'm writing this to just get it off my chest, though I'll probably tell my friend this later...

Whatever.

Yeah.

So that's it.

xoxo
Cassie

p.s. tnx for listening/reading.. love ur blog :) don't let the haters get to u

()()()

"So, how are you going to reply to that?" Breanna asked. Her face was so close to the camera that Mia could really only see her left eye and her forehead.

Mia shrugged. "Her story is so different from mine," she said, her eyes drifting to the picture frame on her desk. It was one of her and Jungkook, during her last trip to Korea. They didn't visit each other much but they definitely kept in contact. They started with Kik but, hopefully, they wouldn't end there too.

"Do you think she's telling the truth, though?" asked her friend. "Because her story just screams 'fanfic'! But, I mean, I don't really know Astro all that well."

Mia frowned. "Well, we sound like a fanfic, too," she defended. Then, she shook her head. "I'll think of a reply. You, on the other hand, have to go to sleep. Isn't it midnight there?"

"It's about one in the morning, actually. I can stay awake, though. Wait for your timezone to catch up."

"Ha. You have workin a few hours." Mia rolled her eyes. "Good night."

Breanna chuckled. "Yeah, yeah. Enjoy the rest of your day, Mia."

Mia nodded, turning off her webcam and stared at the Tumblr page on the screen. Seconds later, she was tapping away on her keyboard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n: I had a happy ending with the two of them ending up together planned, but life got in the way and I may have lost interest in this story. I apologize for that, but I won't apologize for this ending. Other than the fact that I love bittersweet endings (a spoiler for if you haven't read some of my other stories... oops...) I think this was a good decision.

also, i managed to put in a mia cameo so, yay!

What I imagine happening is that Minhyuk/Rocky is focusing more on his life than on a maybe failed relationship. It doesn't mean he didn't really care about Cassie or vice versa, but I believe they would have just drifted apart. Cassie isn't Mia, so her reactions and actions wouldn't have been the same. It just so happened that Cassie's response led to a different path from Mia's. (In case y'all are wondering why I've chosen this ending when I chose a completely different one for Mia and Jungkook. [Also, I was just starting as a fan of BTS when I wrote 'Kik' and wasn't really sure about how Jungkook would think and act... lol])