Absence

-Stasya's POV-

When I woke up it was still dark so I looked at the clock on the nightstand. It said 8:00 am, "Oh no coach is going to get mad at me and yell," I sat straight up and looked around. I didn't know where I was, then it hit me, I was in Yuri's hotel room. I looked around and spotted Yuri on the floor lightly snoring. My face grew warm, Aww he is so cute and innocent when he is sleeping. I sighed and quietly got out of the bed and trudged my way to the bathroom. When I got out of the bathroom I went to the nightstand and grabbed my phone, pulling up the weather app I had installed, "Hm, they cleared the roads so I should be able to get back to my hotel now." I went to the window and looked outside, and sure enough the roads were clear but there was still snow everywhere. There weren't many cars but there were quite a few pedestrians walking slowly through the snow. I wonder how cold it is? I thought, my mind five steps ahead of my body. I looked back at Yuri and then looked down at the clothes he had let me borrow, I can't take these with me back to my hotel. I'll have to put my clothes from yesterday on. I grabbed my own clothes and went back to the bathroom to change and left Yuri's in the bathroom in a neat little pile. I walked out of the bathroom expecting Yuri to be up by now and to my surprise he was still asleep snoring softly. I smiled and went and grabbed a piece of paper and a pen from the nightstand drawer. I went back to the bathroom and wrote a note to Yuri quickly. When I was done I put the note on top of the clothes and went to finish getting ready. A few minutes later I was ready to go and I quietly stepped out the door and put the 'Do not disturb sign' on the door handle, since I couldn't lock the door. I sighed and made my way to the elevator and pushed the lobby button. Once I was in the lobby I could feel the cold from outside. I shivered a little and fixed my bag on my shoulders. I pulled out my phone as I heard it ring, it was coach. I sighed, started walking and answered it, "Hello?" "STASYA WHERE ARE YOU?! FIRST YOU AREN'T AT THE HOTEL WHEN I WAKE UP SO I FIGURE YOU ARE AT THE RINK BUT WHEN I GOT HERE YOU WEREN'T ANYWHERE TO BE SEEN!" I pull the phone away from my ear and frown, "Calm down. Didn't you get my text last night?" Coach was quiet for a minute, "You sent a text message? I didn't realize." I sighed, "Read the text. I'm almost to the hotel I need to change clothes and I'll be at the rink in a little while." I hung up the phone and noticed that I was almost to the hotel. Once I got up to the room I threw my bag down on my designated bed and sighed pulling out one of my suit cases. I hummed a show tune while picking out my clothes and quickly changed and grabbed my bag again before heading out again.

I pulled the door to the rink open and walked in noticing my coach leaning against the edge of the rink with his back to me. I quietly walked up to him and scared him. He jumped really high and screeched a little. He turned around and looked at me with a concerned face. I turned my head to the side, "What's wrong?" Coach looked in my eyes with a worried expression, "I'm worried about what happened last night. The storm and no one there to help you then you going back to a boy's hotel..." He trailed off. I took me a minute to process what he was saying, "Oh no nothing like you think was happening. Sure Yuri was calming me down after the storm scared me and he was worried about me freezing to death walking back to our hotel, so he had me go to his hotel with him. He slept on the floor and I took the bed." My face turned bright red, "Nothing like what you were thinking took place. Oh my lord. I'm just gonna go, uh, put my skates on." By the time I turned around my face as burning and I'm sure it was as red as a tomato. I walked over to my bag pulled my skates out and sat down on the bench putting them on. When I was done tying them up I stood up and pulled my phone out of my pocket to put in my bag so it wouldn't fall out while I was on the ice. I noticed a light on my phone flashing indicating I had a message. When I looked at the message it was an unknown message and it said:

From: Unknown

Hey Stasya, Its Yuri. I hope you feel better today than you did last night. Thank you for leaving your phone number for me to check up on you.

I smiled, I didn't think he would actually text me. I guess we all judge people wrong. I sighed and texted him back real quick and told him that I was at the rink warming up. I set my phone in my bag and started my stretches once I was done I went to the edge of the rink and took off my guards and stepped onto the ice. I felt to at peace on the ice, The ice is my home.