two.

"Yo, Jess!" I hear someone shout from across the room. I groan and put my pillow over my face. I hear the person laugh. "Girl you gotta get up we are about to go down for breakfast!" I open my eyes to see it was Kayla.

"Ugh fine. I'll be ready in five. Tell Nate to wait." I groan as I roll out of bed. She laughs and leaves the room. I get ready, as fast as I can, which considering I just woke up is not very fast. I eventually make it to the elevator just in time. We all head downstairs to the cafeteria for breakfast. I was too tired to deal with the obvious amounts of tension in the group. I mean could they make it anymore obvious? They kept looking at Luke and me. "Did your mothers ever tell you that staring is rude." I comment.

"Sorry.." I hear everyone mumble. I then hear Jhakeria chuckle. We both exchange a look, and start laughing. The ding from the elevator goes off, indicating that we have made it to the first floor. We all are ushered off the elevator and into line outside the cafeteria. The doors finally open and we start to move into the room to get our food.

"So, what's good here?" I hear Luke shyly ask Aidan. I turn my head to see Aidan, who is three people behind me in line, giving me a look as if asking if he should engage in conversation with him or not. I nod my head once to tell him to continue. "Well to be honest, not much. You should be safe with everything at breakfast, just steer clear of the eggs. They taste like ass," Aidan leans in closer to Luke and lowers his voice, "Trust me. I would know." Aidan ends the conversation with a wink and grabs his tray. I turn to see Luke's reaction and I burst into laughter, gaining the attention of not only most of the cafeteria, but the devil himself. I don't know what came over me but in some psychopathic way, him being uncomfortable in a social situation for once brought me a little joy. Finally, I was the one who had "credit" around here and him being, well, a nobody.

I continued to softly snicker as I make my way to my table. I take a seat and start to eat my pancakes, without really acknowledging anybody at my table. When I do finally look up I see all eyes on me. "Why are y'all watching me eat?" I asked. They all exchange a look and Jhakeria nods.

"What the hell is up with you and the new boy?" Jhakeria blurts. I knew this was going to come sooner or later.

"I don't really want to get into guys. Maybe over time I will tell you more but for now let's just leave it at what you guys clearly heard when Luke and I were talking yesterday." I respond with a sigh.

"Bitch, I'm pretty sure people on Mars could here y'all arguing. Well I say arguing in a loose sense. You were kinda just spitting venom at him." Rebekah adds.

I sigh, putting down my fork, "Look guys. You pretty much got the gist of what Luke and I's relationship is like. I could just beat around the bush with some bullshit explanation of not wanting to get into feelings and crap, but I won't. Luke and his "gang" are the typical assholes of the school. He, of course being the leader of the group, is dating the school slut who used to be my best friend until Luke's posse gave her an ounce of attention. The moment he set eyes on her, I never saw my best friend again. Luke and his gang of asshats had always given me trouble but usually Heather would stick up for me, but her of course now being wrapped around their fingers, I had nobody. To make matters worse she joined in on their games. At first she just watched, but now she does most of it."

"Okay, no offense but I don't really give two shits about this Heather bitch," Jhakeria butts in.

I laugh,"Yeah, yeah. Like I said they bullied me. It usually was just snide comments and shit online, never too big. Until the night that ended with me swallowing about thirty pills too many. Which is a story for another time." I end my rant and continue to eat my breakfast. The girls clearly wanted to pry further, but kept quiet.

"Alright! Lounge B let's go!" Nate calls throughout the cafeteria, which is just a slightly bigger room that has a food serving area. We all shuffle slowly to the trash cans and then the door, where we get into line.

When we return to the lounge we all take a seat in our usual group and turn on the television. I take the remote and go to the TV guide trying to find something we can all agree on. "I want to watch Love & Hip Hop," Jhakeria argues. Collective groans can be heard from the mouths of everybody in the room, besides Luke who has been in his room since we got back. His room is connected to the lounge so if he has his door open I could clearly see into his room, but he has it closed.

"J, that show, in every aspect, is awful," Rebekah rebuttals, "You are outnumbered on this." We all nod, sympathetically agreeing with Rebekah. I open the television guide, scrolling for a decent show to watch. Cable sucks major ass. After more deliberations we decide on Catfish. Due to the sad fact that Catfish is usually the only show we can agree on, besides the occasional Ru Paul's Drag Race, we have a tradition to spend most of the show making fun of how stupid the people are. This episode was definitely one of the more crazy ones, which I would usually spend laughing at Aidan's impressions and mockery of the characters, but I could not keep my mind on the subject. I have no idea why I care so much what Luke is doing, but I do, and that is not good.

authors note

hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. it has been forever since i updated and i apologize. please like and comment or whatever.

hmu on twitter @letsfxckindance i try to be funny

-erin