VII - TEBA

tbh I feel like teba and yunobo don't get that much attention

----------------------------

Once Link had gotten back from Vah Medoh, he had spoken with the elder first then went and tried to find Teba. He had asked Teba's wife first, and she said that he was at the Flight Range with their son.

And now here he was, wandering out in the cold once again to find Teba. He had the clothes from the shop in the town and they worked well. He climbed up the ladder to the Flight Range, going into it. Link quickly sat at the cooking pot, but he was near it mostly for the fire and warmth. He glanced to his right, seeing Teba sitting there and messing around with a bow.

He sat quietly, watching Teba test the string of the bow. If he looked at Tebas leg, he could see where Vah Medohs lasers had got him while Link was trying to board Medoh.

"Is your leg okay?" Link asked, quietly, looking at Teba.

Teba didn't even look up. "It could be better."

They fell into a somewhat comfortable silence, Link getting up and going out to talk to Tebas son, showed him how to shoot the bow in the air and then went back to Teba after the kid gave him rupees. They were just sitting silently, which was fine. Teba didn't seem like much of a talker.

Link felt a bit better about Mipha and Daruk, since he had practically broken down in front of Sidon and Yunobo. As much of an asshole Revali had been to Link one hundred years ago, he still felt a large amount of guilt towards what had happened. He shifted a little, looking down so that if Teba had looked over, he wouldn't see the tears in Links eyes.

This is what, the 6th time Link had almost cried, and actually cried, over a champion? Link hadn't noticed Teba had looked in his direction until he could hear Teba putting the bow down. He sniffled quietly, feeling Tebas hand (wing??) on his shoulder and looking up. Link had his hands over his mouth and nose, leaving his elbows to rest on his knees as he sat with his legs crossed. He looked away from Teba, keeping his hands over his face.

He mostly expected Teba to just scoff and go back to his bow, but getting a hug was good. Link gasped quietly, not knowing what to do for a moment as Teba rested his chin against Links shoulder. He got over his shock quickly, hugging Teba back and putting his face against Tebas shoulder. Link was still restraining himself, but feeling Teba rub his back and say that it was okay into his ear broke him.

He clung tightly to Teba, sobbing and having it be muffled into his shoulder. Link felt Tebas hand on the back of his neck, similar to how Sidon had held him before but it wasn't really going into his hair.

He calmed down after a few minutes, or maybe a longer time he wasn't paying attention. Link didn't hold as tightly to Teba before, but kept hugging him. He put his cheek against his shoulder, ignoring how to Tebas armor dug into his cheek. They sat like that, Teba rocking a little and making some motion to someone he couldn't see out of the corner of his eye.

"Why'd you do that?" He asked, quietly to Teba.

"I'm a dad and you remind me of a kid, kid."

Link thanked him, slowly peeling himself away from Teba and wiping his face. He said bye, leaving the Flight Range feeling a bit better.

----------------------------------

whoops this was way longer than it was supposed to be xD ah, well, that's okay
only one chapter left, Riju here I come