IX - KASS

okay I know I said I was finished with this, unless y'all want a Zelda chapter, but I realized Kass could be really good for this??? and I was like 'why didn't my dumbass think of him before'

I've also had emotional buildup this week cause school and writing cute, fluffy sidlink oneshots doesn't help with that :)

-----------------------------------

Link heard Kass before he saw him, stopping in his tracks and trying to find where Kass was. He always enjoyed being around Kass, and the music he always played on that accordion thing was nice. Link spotted Kass, since he was bright blue and kind of hard to miss. He ran over, stopping next to Kass and breathing heavily.

"Ah, hello Link! What brings you over in such a hurry?" Kass asked, stopping his playing.

"I heard you playing from over there and decided to come over.." Link straightened after a minute, looking up at Kass. He noticed Kass looked a bit redder than usual on his cheeks, not commenting on it.

"Well, thank you for coming over." Kass looked to the fire he had going and the meat he had cooking over it. "Why don't you stay for a while, have some food? Its almost done."

Link looked over at the fire, not having even noticed it in his haste to get over to Kass. If it wasn't so late, he probably wouldn't have stayed. He did, though, just to sit peacefully with Kass. All this shit about the Divine Beasts and the Champions had already gotten to him, and being with Kass was nice.

Link watched Kass take the meat off the stick he had it cooking on, cutting it in half. He put them on a plate, giving Link one half and himself the other. They sat in a comfortable silence, eating the food Kass had prepared. Link found himself looking at the fire for most of it. He finished quietly, giving Kass the dish back after finishing it.

"Thanks, that was nice." He smiled at Kass, seeing that it had become dark while he and Kass ate their meals.

"You're welcome." Kass kept eating his, since he didn't eat as fast as Link did. Once Kass finished, he put the plates off to the side and told Link he was going to sleep. Link watched Kass get onto a small sleep mat, getting onto his own once he was sure Kass had fallen asleep. Link stomped out the fire.

Link hadn't slept much after he started to recover his memories. They were usually plagued by nightmares that involved him being killed by one of the Guardians or something with Zelda and the Champions.

It was almost always something with Zelda or the Champions.

Link laid onto his mat, trying to keep a little space between him and Kass and slept.

-------------------------------------

Link woke up to Kass shaking him, sitting up quickly and breathing heavily. It had happened. Again.

"What's wrong, my friend? It seemed like you were having a nightmare." Link just nodded, slowly shifting onto a position so he was kneeling. He looked down, rubbing his eyes. He didn't want to meet Kass's eyes, but was forced to after Kass lifted his chin. Links eyes were wet and he knew it.

"Do you wish to talk about it?" Link felt his resolve crumble under Kass's softly asked question, telling him about it. He knew Kass knew he was the old Hylian Champion. Link had accidentally ran up to him with the Master Sword and Kass had taken notice.

Link mostly stayed upright for this. He was just explaining how the old Champions had appeared in it, saying it was his fault. Then their descendants, Miphas brother in her case.

"Its all my fault, Kass.." As good as it felt to say his feelings, it made Link feel worse. He sobbed, falling down onto Kass's chest. Kass seemed shocked for a moment, wrapping his arms (wings???) around Link after he recovered. It reminded Link of the memory he recently recovered where Zelda had cried.

It took Link a while to stop, leaning against Kass when he had stopped. It was silent, before Kass spoke.

"You have met all of them as spirits, yes?" Link didn't know how Kass knew that, but nodded. "Did they seem upset or angry?"

Link shook his head.

"Then they don't blame you. They blame that nasty cloud of hatred and anger around Hyrule Castle."

-------------------------------------------

well this'll be the last, unless y'all want Zelda or I can think of someone else, also if I do Zelda, don't expect Zelink out of it, I know Zelda canonically likes Link but it seems more like he thinks of her as a friend, idk tho