Freshman year and Leadership Part 1

Ok. So let me keep you up to speed on what happened my last marching band season. After a hectic June Percussion Placement Camp, which is literally what it sounds. I placed on a vibraphone spot on vib 3. Let me just tell you the vib line wasn't with the most reliable people. The girl who was supposed to take vib 2 quit and got replaced by this dude named, Mike. He was supposed to be on drumline but he failed his classes. Now vib 1, Christian. man this boy was special. halfway through marching season he leaves for some weird reason and doesnt come back ti'll mid concert band season. Overall my season was pretty good we got our band to UIL Area band competition but we made 12th placed and was not able to got to state. (sad face). when we went to our Drum Classic we placed well for percussion!

Well now you know what happened a little last year. So, this year I'm trying out for marimba because it's my dream to someday be in DCI (Drum Corps International, for those of you living under a rock). I've worked really hard for where I am now, which is why i decided to try out for a leadership position. I tried out for Pit captain, Librarian, and field crew. The audition experience was really crazy. i had to write and essay, answer questions, write a resume and letter of intent, one 15 minute video, two 90 second videos, and finally and interview. I really want to be Pit captain, band is what I love to do and I want to do as much as I can.

Before joining band I was an socially awkward and very shy person who had very few friends. Ever since joining band I've been able to make friends and work on my shyness, and this has actually helped me a lot.

Well I just had my interview yesterday. I have my first spring training on Saturday, so I should know soon. The interview wasn't very good and when I got in my car I cried and I ate away the pain later that night.

Thanks for reading I'll try to update as much as I can, and the story will get better I'm just giving flashbacks. continue to read and there will be a few band hotties and some band camp drama. Thanks!