Into your Arms

After that evening, I've lost contact with Yoongi
again for the past week. He left the next morning with a simple note on the back of a reciept that read,
"Thanks for your hospitality.
I appreciate it. -M.YG"

I can't bear it.
As much as I wondered if it would be best to move on and forget, my body and my heart longed for him.
I started to panic again more, and I couldn't bring myself to eat.
Jungkook noticed my change and right now, hes taking me to the grocery store so we could buy food to cook at his house.
"Do you like pork or beef y/n? You choose!"
He says cheerfully, probably trying to keep the mood up.
"It doesn't matter. Whatever you like better."
He pouts and just goes with Beef.
Holding my hand tight, he drags me along the isles, mostly talking to himself, as I zone out.
We get to his house and I lay on the couch, already tired. I hear Jungkook humming and I snap.
"You don't need to force yourself Jungkook."
The humming fades and he silenty cooks.
I know he's just
putting on a bright face because of me.
Walking over to me after finishing,
Jungkook lifts me up and cradles me in his arms.
"I'm done cooking. Its bulgogi deopbap."
I start to cry and he starts to chuckle at my child like noises that start to come out, while massaging the back of my neck.
"Is Yoongi hyung doing well?"
Jungkook says as he looks at me with a soft expression.
Rubbing my tears away, I cough before nodding.
"H-How did you *hiccup* know that
I met Y-yoongi." I try my best to talk.
His eyes turn sad and says,
"When your chubby cheeks and bright eyes dissapear, I know you're hurting y/n."
Jungkook is so good to me and we've been together for a long time. But why does my heart still race at Yoongi's name?
"I'm sorry." I mumble. I have no right to be treated so kindly. All the time Jungkook's been with me, my heart still belonged to Yoongi.
"Enough chit chat I'm starving. Lets eat!"
Jungkook says as he stretches his arms upwards.
I sit and pick up my spoon to start (trying) eating and Jungkook watches me. Taking a spoonful I give him a thumbs up.
Smiling he says,

"I hope that you and Yoongi hyung
will work out."

My hand stops and I frown at him.
"Are you trying to break up with me right now?"

He puts on his cheeky expression and shrugs.
"I mean, I saw you more as a friend than as a girl to be honest."
You Liar.
I drop the spoon and let my eyes swell up again.
"Y/n. You have to stop lying to yourself, and to me, that you'll be okay without him.
Sure we went out for long, but you haven't even touched me. And I didn't care one bit. You just wanted someone to lean on." He says in a regulated tone, like they were facts.
They were indeed facts.
He sighs and comes next to me and puts both his hands onto my shoulders.
"You can go Y/n. Only if you promise that you'll stay my friend forever,
and that you will really become happy."
I bring him close a whisper a heartbreaking
'thank you.'

I'm back at my apartment and its a chilly evening. Before I climb up the stairs, I see someone sitting at the stairway with his face in his hands.
Walking up slowly, I fall to meet his level.
Lifting his face,
I smile a straight lipped smile.
"What are you doing here Yoongi?"
Cupping my face all of a sudden,
Yoongi's eyes water.
Its the first time I'm seeing him cry.
"I'm sorry Y/n I thought I could leave and forget so you could be happy without me, with Jungkook. And I just felt like I couldn't do it though. I -I need you again--
...Where did your cheeks go why are you suddenly so thin??" Yoongi blabbers and I hold his hands together.
"Its because I longed to see you that I'm like this Yoongi." We stand up and he gazes down with apologetic eyes. Probably the only expression he's made to me since we met again.
"Lets take a walk."
I extend my hand and he holds it, and I feel like I can breathe again.

Walking across the bridge near my apartment, I stop myself from embracing him right at this moment. Yoongi's gaze burns the back of my head and I hear his footsteps halt.
"Y/n can you look at me?"
He asks with weak voice.
I turn to face him and he's still crying.
Its like he has become a child again, finally showing his real self rather than putting up an agressive front.
"I really just wanted to tell you that I missed you and that I regret hurting and just leaving you like that.. I didn't know what I was thinking.."
He says, trying hard to to wallow in his tears.
I didn't know he felt this guilty all these years.
"And I'll understand if you don't want me around again.. I probably haven't even changed at all.." He tortures himself with his words.
Before I let him continue, I cut him off and say,
"Yeah. I thought it would be best to leave you as well. Thats why I didn't contact you...

And guess what Yoongi? My body grew weaker and I took medication time to time because I unconsiously forgot to take care of myself. I hated you so much everytime I was sent to the hospital and everytime my friends convinced me that I was abusing myself."
Yoongi lowers his head and nods like he agrees with me, still sniffling.

"But then I would think of when we had each other and how I knew I still loved you. You made me fall on my own, but you also made me want to live and try not to be unhappy..
At the thought that I could possibly be yours again.. no matter how long it took."

Yoongi sobs louder and I shut my eyes. Its heartwrenching to hear him cry. Is this the Yoongi I know?
Looking up, he replies,
"All my music has become sad.
I thought that I could fill your place with what I liked doing the most. But the more I did it, everything I made reminded me of you...

So if its not too late to ask...
Can I hold you again?"

My heart feels warm as the shallow pit fills with comfort again, and I finally feel alive.

"Yes. I want you back.
I've never stopped loving you."