01 | The Decision

Many years ago, a little girl was born in the region of Johto. 

Children who were born in Ecruteak City were brought to the Bell Tower to be blessed by the legendary Pokemon, Ho-oh.

On an extraordinary occasion, Ho-oh appeared before that particular child and blessed her itself. The town rejoiced that day for the child who had a pure heart of gold.

Never had something like that happened before.

Ho-oh, the magnificent bird of fire. The legend itself that blessed eternal happiness. The magnificent beast who came only before those with a heart of gold. 

As the people of Ecruteak City gazed up at the Pokemon in awe, he spoke but he only spoke for the child.

In years to come, I sense a terrible conflict will arise from within you. As to how so, I do not know but it shall send you into a great ordeal with an unknown future. But fret not, small child. You will be happy, even through your struggles because you have a heart of gold. 

Three years later the same small child fell ill and quickly became bedridden.

No one knew how she had gotten sick. No one knew how to cure her. Everyone was scared for the little girl's life. 

Her parents had to make a decision.

They would do anything it took to save her life. Even if it meant leaving their home to get help.

 Even if it meant leaving their home to get help