Part 20

Felix felt like Mark plunged a knife straight into his heart.  Then to watch him smile so innocently at Jack... like he didn't even exist to him in that moment.  It was too much to bare anymore.  Clenching his teeth, he curled his hand into a fist and punched Mark so hard across his cheek that he staggered a step or two away.  It was no use trying to suppress his pain now.  Years of anger and agony started bursting from his mouth as he yelled out at Mark.  "You self-centered, bastard! 'I'M' too different now! Who was it that had to flash flesh, because the bitches that watch you wanted to see"!  Mark turned in his direction and Felix lashed out with a solid kick to his ribcage.  As Mark clutched his ribs, sinking to his knees, Felix continued to rant out loud.  "Who was it that I found sleeping in our bed with Amy"!  Felix quickly stepped in front of a kneeling Mark, who looked up at him with sorrow in his eyes.  It didn't matter to Felix.  He just started landing punches after every rant he screamed down at him.  "I forgave you! I trusted you! How many years did you promise me that you'd changed! That you cared! Only for me to find out that you were still fucking HER"!  Jack rushed in to grab his arm, pleading to him in a scared scream.  "STOP IT! Felix, please"! 

Felix's focus was taken off Mark as he turned to face Jack.  Yanking his arm from Jack's hands, he started to yell angrily out at him.  "AND YOU! I don't know Mark as well as I think I do?! Those your words"?!  Jack took a step back away from him, terror on his face.  Felix dashed forward to shove Jack's shoulders hard as he yelled out.  "Well, FUCK YOU! I was fucking him long before your ass was even on youtube! I know him better than YOU do"!  Jack landed ass first against the cement, but started scooting away through his pain as he kept walking toward him.  From behind him, Mark yelled out defensively.  "Felix, leave him alone! Your fight is with me".  Very slowly, Felix turned around to see Mark was standing up.  Mark was still holding his ribs and he was starting to bleed from his nose, lip, and cheeks.  As Felix made his way back to Mark, Mark told him dryly.  "You left out the best parts, you know. 'YOU' were always sooo paranoid. So jealous. Watching everything I ever did with a fine comb. One girl comments that 'I'm sexy' and you start stealing my phone".  Felix felt warm tears start running down his cheeks, when he answered loudly.  "I had good reason! You CHEATED ON ME"!  Mark didn't even move from his spot as he stormed closer, he just yelled back sternly.  "YOU LEFT ME NO CHOICE! You were suffocating me! You wouldn't listen to me! You still don't listen to me"!

Felix stopped before Mark, lowering his voice as he bitterly spit out.  "Well... What is this ground breaking shit you have to say to me".  Mark shook his head disappointedly, reaching out slowly to place his hands on Felix's shoulders as he softly told him.  "Felix... You just don't get it. You were the one that kept pushing me away. You kept expecting me to cheat and to leave. Then the second you started wanting a more serious relationship... I couldn't do it. I saw my life with you... and I didn't want it anymore. I was tired of you not trusting me. So, I did the one thing you were waiting for. I cheated on you with Amy".  Felix stared Mark down with cold heartless eyes.  He didn't want to admit anything.  He refused too.  Instead, he lifted his chin smugly and pointed to where Jack was sitting on the cement, stating boldly.  "And him? What did Amy do to make you cheat on her with him"?  Mark hesitated, glancing over at Jack like he wanted to say something.  Brushing off Mark's hands from his shoulders before he could, Felix leaned in close to his ear to whisper sharply.  "What's that? Can't talk your way out of that one? Is that because you couldn't bare to see ME with him? Couldn't bare the thought that I had finally let you go? How badly does it hurt? However much... it's not nearly enough". 

Mark turned his head back to face Felix.  He hadn't been this close to Felix in years.  Staring into his greyish blue eyes, Mark whispered back tenderly.  "Is that what you want, Felix. To see me in pain. Well, nothing hurts more badly than watching your ex think you still love them. I left Amy, because I'm gay. I only came here to see if Jack felt the same. And as always... here you are. I love him... but you knew that already. That's why you took an interest in him. To put yourself right here. To keep him from me".  Felix's lip started to trembled, before he cupped Mark's face in his hands and pressed his lips against his.  Mark stood very still.  He didn't return the kiss or even encourage it.  When Felix lowered his hands and stepped back weakly, he told Mark softly.  "You love him... and he loves you".  Felix dropped his head in defeat, shrugging numbly.  Mark placed a hand on Felix's shoulder, telling him comfortingly.  "I'm sorry. I'm just not the one for you. You'll find someone better than me".  Felix nodded slightly, then lifted his head to stare into Mark's face as he said rashly.  "But for now... I can always kick his FUCKING ASS"!

Jack bolted up onto his feet as Felix kneed Mark in the balls and ran for him!  Jack ran as fast as his legs could go.  He had always been fast, but Felix was gaining on him!  He wouldn't be able to outrun him for long.  He had to think of something quick.  He couldn't fight him.  He didn't want to fight him.  Jack took a quick glance over his shoulder to see how far behind Felix was.  Without realizing it, Jack had ran out into a small narrow road and got clipped by a small cars rearview mirror as they drove by!  Pain burned across Jack's side as he was knocked off his feet and sent tumbling across the rough cement.  Laying flat against the ground, Jack slowly tried to push himself up, but his right arm felt numb.  He then tried to roll onto his good side and let out a sharp cry of pain.  When the pain subsided enough, he looked down at his injured side... A piece of mirror was sticking out of his arm... and imbedded in his side.  He felt suddenly faint, as Felix flew into his line of sight.  Felix was speaking quickly and loudly into his phone as Jack's vision started to fade in an out.  The last thing Jack heard was Mark's desperate voice telling him to stay with him... before everything went dark.  To Be Continued...